Is your black box good?

O-sider

How do you (the racer) know your tracker is good? Do they get recalibrated after every race? Does IRC have documentation and is it displayed on the tracker? I don't know anything about the process. This stuff would be critical as your race is depending on this black box to do it's job correctly so you don't get dinged when you hit the finish.

Zambo

The tracker doesn't belong to you, it gets put in your car by IRC when you go through tech. They make sure its working right there and also before you go off the start. They don't wire your whole car for you though so if you have electrical problems then the unit could stop working.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Next up, requirement to record the incar audio so that can be reviewed to hear if there was any talk about cheating of any type going on during the race.

Vtr_Racing

How do you (the racer) know your tracker is good? Do they get recalibrated after every race? Does IRC have documentation and is it displayed on the tracker? I don't know anything about the process. This stuff would be critical as your race is depending on this black box to do it's job correctly so you don't get dinged when you hit the finish.
Do you calibrate your GPS on your daily driver? Do some research on how GPS technology works. Its pretty plain and straight forward.

O-sider

Do you calibrate your GPS on your daily driver? Do some research on how GPS technology works. Its pretty plain and straight forward.
So why was it showing TT28 in the ocean, not to mention some of the other glitches during the 500. There were race vehicles doing 200mph........equipment does go bad.

And I don't have a gps in anything I drive or ride.

Last edited:

Forty1Racing

It's not that the tracker is good or bad. But people who rely on the IRC tracker for navigation or race results is kind of crazy IMO because the refresh rate on IRC is not fast enough for that kind of thing.

O-sider

So if IRC recieves no data do they asume your cheating? Do you pull in to a pit asap and try to fix it? Other then the checkpoints and spectators you are invisible until they recieve data again.

dan200

#BSF200
It's not that the tracker is good or bad. But people who rely on the IRC tracker for navigation or race results is kind of crazy IMO because the refresh rate on IRC is not fast enough for that kind of thing.
The online IRC is no where near as good as the real one used by the officials.

Britt B

The online IRC is no where near as good as the real one used by the officials.
Thanks for clarifying Dan!!! Your the bestest!!:p:p high five! Lol

Public view vs. IRC Official view COMPLETLY DIFFERENT!

all i will say is IRC supplies the Data to SCORE and SCORE then reviews it and determines penalties. Not IRC

BuzzChaser

BITD_1021

IRC is not good for the money spent to rent or lease it.
Poor quality with at best minimal results. There are better systems available and need to be explored. Racers need to be given a choice. Product A or Product B to lease. No monopoly crap like IRC has.