• Forum membership has its advantages....

Issue staying "logged in"

firedog

I have noticed the last few times I have gone to RDC that I must log in each time. I have checked the "remember me" box and in the past it has always remembered "me". The last several times I have visited RDC I have had to log in with username and password. Has something changed?

Klaus

Administrator
I have noticed the last few times I have gone to RDC that I must log in each time. I have checked the "remember me" box and in the past it has always remembered "me". The last several times I have visited RDC I have had to log in with username and password. Has something changed?
Yes I made a few changes and what you are experiencing is an unavoidable side effect. We are slowly switching the entire site over to SSL vs. plain text. httpS:// vs. http:// The forum is completed and all attempts to connect the old way are being redirected to the SSL version of the same page. Classifieds and home page will be switched in the coming days.

Your saved password is based on the non encrypted connection and needs to be re-entered (and saved in your browser) for the encrypted sessions.

Worse case click "forgot password" to reset it.

Blood Eagle

Class Act
Kind of weird but when I leave RDC then come back it says I'm not logged in but even without logging in and going to this thread it remembers me and I'm free to browse the site as myself until I leave the page come back.

***EDIT***

Guess I should have read the thread more thoroughly. All I had to do to fix this was re-add RDC to my favorites and now everything is good.

Last edited:

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
RDC is in my favorites, I saved my password in my browser(which is something I never do) but I still have to login EVERYTIME I check the site. Klaus, it's super annoying.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
RDC is in my favorites, I saved my password in my browser(which is something I never do) but I still have to login EVERYTIME I check the site. Klaus, it's super annoying.
ditto!