It is not safe out there, stay home, don't do anything that isn't 100% safe!

Reaction
"CDC scientists estimate 36,000 people die from influenza in the United States."

That's right! 36,000 will die!

Just like last year, and the year before that and next year too.

The real statistic: "CDC scientists estimate that an average of 36,000 people die from influenza-related complications each year in the United States."

Hundreds of thousands world wide, each year.

No one has died from this Flying Pig Flu in the US and there are only a handful of cases, all deemed minor.

So why is everyone running sacred, why the mass panic and media hysteria?

So what is this latest smoke screen really all about?

woundedyak

Mammals fear me
Reaction
Dude, stop watching the news! These politicians will never let a good crisis get away. They are just trying to mark there territory first.

KylesDad

Reaction
Interesting, the article is about the toddler in Texas but the "dramatic picture" used is from an airport in Japan.

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
Reaction
This is just a smoke screen.......plain and simple.

During this week our congress has worked very hard to decriminalize the possession of drugs for personal use. I am all for it for POT, but not hard drugs. Although I am not a user and never been , I want to see a powershift from the drug dealers.

As you can see, this pig fever has serve its purpose, some even think it was planted to get things done without the media and drug lords pressure.

Your thoughts?

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
the 36,000 people that die from the flu each year are not healthy individuals, most
wouldn't survive a hearty handshake and the flu is basically the "last straw". the CDC
is concerned about this swine flu because it may be killing healthy individuals...

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
This is just a smoke screen.......plain and simple.

During this week our congress has worked very hard to decriminalize the possession of drugs for personal use. I am all for it for POT, but not hard drugs. Although I am not a user and never been , I want to see a powershift from the drug dealers.

As you can see, this pig fever has serve its purpose, some even think it was planted to get things done without the media and drug lords pressure.

Your thoughts?

my thoughts. you need to up your meds....

j/k :D

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
Reaction
my thoughts. you need to up your meds....

j/k :D

I wish.....now those same bastards who make boobie traps will be legally high on coke and amphetamines.
I am not those who alarm easy, proof is that I have gone to the Paleque all this week and not thought twice about it.

But, the thought of legalizing coke and hard drugs is a bit too radical even for me.....and they say I am a left winger, here......:D

Fourstroker

Reaction
Luckily I'm still wearing my mask from the bird flu outbreak.
Mines a little worn out but still running strong from the SARS epidemic.

Excellent post Ramsey. I agree 100%

michael_loomis

Reaction
Luckily I'm still wearing my mask from the bird flu outbreak.
jajaja.. well then you better wear 2, cause this flu is a hybrid of human, bird AND pig flu.

Moving up to stage 5 and 6 is the top. Hmm.. someone is not telling us something.. are the Zombies coming?

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Elephant flu is next.

Then the zombies.

Then the zombie elephants. Mr. Peanut better watch out!

Good post Ramsey.

jbarker@banks

Reaction
Wait a sec, wait a sec, are you telling me we have a "man-bird-pig" flu here?! Al Gore almost had it right!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf69EEL3WBk&feature=PlayList&p=B9F2074BDBB4A158&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5"]YouTube - Man Bear Pig[/ame]

BGRANT

Reaction
Whatever it is, my kids are stoked. They just shut all of our schools down until furthur notice. 3 kids in the district are showing signs of the "flu". Sucks for me, that means the skatepark will be crowded early.

MALIBLOC

Reaction
I was at the Doc. yesterday for my son's appt. and both the doctors we saw said that the Pig Virus is a media thing, two doc's for two different office.

Both said that the flu kills many people a year , mostly the elderly and the youth's. That they named it and consentrated on it so much was a joke. They both kinda joke about it actually.

Tom_Willis

Reaction
They just shut all of our schools down until furthur notice..
We just got a notice that there is a huge march scheduled for tomorrow in downtown LA in "honor" of illegal immigrant's rights/legalize LA, the International Worker's Day March, (that's the communist party, right?) and of course the "May 1st Annual Boycott March 2009". They estimate 60,000 marchers to attend in 6 different areas around Los Angeles. This stuff usually ends up in politicians and "activists" hamming it up for the media, fist fights, overturned police cars and eventually lawsuits filed by the face of death herself, gloria allred, all in front of the federal building.

Come on Mr Governor, Mr Mayor, show some balls and cancel this whole thing in the name of public safety. Do you really want police referreeing nutjobs running wild in the streets during a public health crisis? Do you want to tie up emergency services and ambulances just so members of the american communist party can get on television? Do you not see that closing down major streets on a Friday afternoon in the middle of Los Angeles is just plain stupid?

BGRANT

Reaction
We just got a notice that there is a huge march scheduled for tomorrow in downtown LA in "honor" of illegal immigrant's rights/legalize LA, the International Worker's Day March, (that's the communist party, right?) and of course the "May 1st Annual Boycott March 2009". They estimate 60,000 marchers to attend in 6 different areas around Los Angeles. This stuff usually ends up in politicians and "activists" hamming it up for the media, fist fights, overturned police cars and eventually lawsuits filed by the face of death herself, gloria allred, all in front of the federal building.

Come on Mr Governor, Mr Mayor, show some balls and cancel this whole thing in the name of public safety. Do you really want police referreeing nutjobs running wild in the streets during a public health crisis? Do you want to tie up emergency services and ambulances just so members of the american communist party can get on television? Do you not see that closing down major streets on a Friday afternoon in the middle of Los Angeles is just plain stupid?
That will never happen. Maria has his nads sqweezed to tight in the family vice.