- J Greaves
- Carlson
- Cenni
- Chaney
- Henderson
- Lawrence
- Mamer (has teased on Facebook)
- Kincaid (teases and rumors)
- Schlueter (ran part-time last year, so unsure)

handmethemic

Reaction
Speculative Pro Lite field:
- Holtger
- K Greaves
- Plouff
- Parrish
- Szymik
- Schaden
- Mamer (per his FB)
- Prater (?)

Ran part-time (more than just World Cup Weekend) last year:
- Rayford
- Matmiller
- Milhausen Jr.
- C Kleiman
- Pointon (started 2020 but did not finish)

JWE Motorsports

Reaction
- Holtger
- K Greaves
- Plouff
- Parrish
- Szymik
- Schaden
- Mamer (per his FB)
- Prater (?)

- Rayford
- Matmiller
- Milhausen Jr.
- C Kleiman
- Pointon (started 2020 but did not finish)
Add another to Pro Lite. The JWE Motorsports team out of Green Bay WI are getting ready for the 2021 season. I also know of another team racing pro lite. Could be a 15 plus truck class.

stephenrjking

Reaction
I don't think Szymik is racing this year. After a couple of false starts I believe he actually is or did sell his truck, and his social media suggested that expecting a child is a reason behind it, which would indicate that he's not just moving into another truck.

Not positive here but I would guess that Mittag and Kincaid are going to be either/or guys and I would guess that they'll both wind up in Pro-4. It's true that Mittag ran Pro-2 at Crandon last fall but as far as I know he still has his Pro-4 and it sounds like he's going to race it.

CJ hasn't done both series since they changed the Pro-2 engine rules. Toyota cannot supply engines for him at that level. Don't know of anyone else who would be a significant candidate to run both series, especially with UTV providing a handy second-discipline outlet at the same events.

handmethemic

Reaction
Speculative Pro 2 field:
- Kleiman
- Kincaid
- Thomas
- Winner
- Gill
- Suhr
- Kirchner
- Beat
- Hannegraf
- Beat
- Mittag (?)
- Brooks (?)
- Pentico (Dan has teased a bit on Facebook)
- Zakowski
- Daffner (per @DaGuy)
- MacCachren (was in an Instagram photo in Crandon with Keegan and Jamey Flannery over the winter)

Reliable source says both Brand and Voge are in, along with Jeff Shelton. Trevor Cross is a maybe, pending CAN-US border being open.

- Holtger
- K Greaves
- Plouff
- Parrish
- Szymik
- Schaden
- Mamer (per his FB)
- Prater (?)
+ JWE Motorsports (per their own comment in this thread)
- Rayford
- Matmiller
- Milhausen Jr.
- C Kleiman

Same reliable source says Pointon is in, Heger has implied he might be.

Speculative Pro 4 field:
- Leduc
- CJ Greaves
- J Greaves
- Carlson
- Cenni
- Chaney
- Henderson
- Lawrence
- Mamer (has teased on Facebook)
- Kincaid (teases and rumors)
- Schlueter (ran part-time last year, so unsure)

Same source: Dinsmore (pending CAN-US border being open) is in, and Flannery may run an "extended part-time" schedule.

handmethemic

Reaction
Here's what it looks like on the verge of entering Spring:

Pro 4
- Leduc
- CJ Greaves
- J Greaves
- Carlson
- Cenni
- Chaney
- Henderson
- Lawrence
- Kincaid
? Mamer
? Schlueter
? Dinsmore
? Flannery

Pro 2
- K Kleiman
- Thomas
- Winner
- Gill
- Suhr
- Kirchner
- Beat
- Hannegraf
- Zakowski
- Daffner
- Brand
- Voge
- Shelton
- MacCachren
? Mittag
? Brooks
? Pentico
? Cross

Pro Light
- Holtger
- K Greaves
- Plouff
- Parrish
- Szymik
- Schaden
- Mamer
- Beat
- Pointon
- JWE
- Milhausen Jr.
? Prater
? Rayford
? Matmiller
? C Kleiman
? Heger

Potential for some incredible packed fields, even if only one out of every three "maybe" drivers show up at a given event.

Here's a fun thing: Jimmie Johnson (noted former short-course racer and occasional NASCAR competitor) posted his Indy/IMSA schedule for the summer, and there's a nice little three week break that fits neatly around Labor Day...

DaGuy

Reaction
Interesting. It looks like the goal is to eventually replace Pro-Lite.
Agreed, think for now they will separate then eventually this will become the “new” Pro Lite
Definitely do think this is a positive for short course. Brings out some sitting trucks/chassis and should help out some new people wanting to get into the sport by racing a truck

stephenrjking

Reaction
Also two new SxS classes. It sounds like these are all “in addition” classes, with the lite spec class explicitly targeting existing trucks that have been sitting idle.

Hard to see an endgame where this doesn’t hollow out Pro Lite further, though, and my guess is that they’re thinking of a “planned sunset” for Pro Lite once existing investments in finances equipment for the class ages out, but without doing a hard reset that would leave the handful of competitive guys in the lurch.

Might make for a bit of an ugly year, but probably a good idea in the long run. I reserve the right to change my mind if the drivers/owners aren’t happy.

handmethemic

Reaction
Also two new SxS classes. It sounds like these are all “in addition” classes

Correct, a Pro Am class (ostensibly to thin out the Sportsman UTV field and make better racing) and a 570 class to create a bridge from 170 to full size UTV.

Obligatory "I'm not a driver/owner" and "I don't speak for the series" before I continue.

As far as the Pro Light/Pro Spec engine, drivers I've talked to are split into a few different camps:
- the 4cyl was fine all along and the v8 ruined it
- v8 is fine but let's use a 602/604 or some other widely available proven platform
- let's use the Super Stock rules with a 4bbl and create a natural graduation from Super Stock to Pro Light
- the v6 will be good

All four of these types of folks have good arguments. I just want stability in a class that can be both a speed and expense stepping stone on the way to full size trucks.

stephenrjking

Reaction
Correct, a Pro Am class (ostensibly to thin out the Sportsman UTV field and make better racing) and a 570 class to create a bridge from 170 to full size UTV.

Obligatory "I'm not a driver/owner" and "I don't speak for the series" before I continue.

As far as the Pro Light/Pro Spec engine, drivers I've talked to are split into a few different camps:
- v8 is fine but let's use a 602/604 or some other widely available proven platform
- let's use the Super Stock rules with a 4bbl and create a natural graduation from Super Stock to Pro Light
- the v6 will be good

All four of these types of folks have good arguments. I just want stability in a class that can be both a speed and expense stepping stone on the way to full size trucks.
That's a lot of camps for a division that was barely getting more than four entrants in some races to begin with.

I suppose having two Pro Lite series might be a way of telling potential entrants to vote with their trucks. Looks like Rayford, who has complained about the competitive imbalance on various facebook threads before, is taking the plunge to the new series, and there are probably at least a few guys who will appreciate the chance to be competitive without breaking the bank.

The current trajectory wasn't working, though. That was clear. So doing something seems like a good idea. I've seen some criticism of the timing, which, well, I don't know whether that's a big deal or not.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction

This has been my opinion for years but that ship has long sailed.

This new V-6 from Chevy may be the new "4-cyl". I hope anyways.