It is now the year 2021...

stephenrjking

Reaction
Kyle Cheney reports on Instagram that he will not be racing Pro-4 for most of the series (he says hopefully Crandon) and it looks dicey whether he’ll be able to race SxS after the first round. Funding issues, I would guess.

I hope it comes together. He was torrid at KOH and it’s good for everyone if he can bring that form up here. But

Pro4orNothing

Reaction
I think I read it more as he was going to be racing SxS, but when he races the Pro4 is the big question.

Haley Shanley posted that COR currently is expecting the following truck counts for Antigo...pretty good, I’d say

7 Pro4’s
16 Pro2’s
14 Pro Lite/Pro Spec

Jacob D

Reaction
Brooks and Ricky G made it out in the Midwest this week. Pentico is on his way out. Haven’t heard much with Mittag after seeing him say he was racing CHAMP, but might hear more after this weekends race for the GAS series

handmethemic

Reaction
I think I read it more as he was going to be racing SxS, but when he races the Pro4 is the big question.

Haley Shanley posted that COR currently is expecting the following truck counts for Antigo...pretty good, I’d say

7 Pro4’s
16 Pro2’s
14 Pro Lite/Pro Spec

My "ear-to-the-ground", "reading the tea leaves" numbers are a little higher on Pro 2 and Pro Light/Spec, but even those numbers are pretty good. The track at Antigo is pretty tight so even the 7 fast Pro 4s that'll be there will be a terrific show.

If the number of Super Stock Trucks I am expecting all show up, they'll easily steal the show from everyone...

mv181aa

Reaction
Anyone know if Antigo is taking out the East wall (stock car turn 2?) to go back by the frog pond as it was done many years go? Or is it more of an Oshkosh oval and infield plan?

Tater

Reaction
Anyone know if Antigo is taking out the East wall (stock car turn 2?) to go back by the frog pond as it was done many years go? Or is it more of an Oshkosh oval and infield plan?
Yes, a section of the guardrail has been taken down, the track goes off to the east in a large loop off turn #2.

handmethemic

Reaction
Yes, a section of the guardrail has been taken down, the track goes off to the east in a large loop off turn #2.

A video posted in a FB comment section today does not show this, and my understanding is the layout will not include the exterior of the oval.

stephenrjking

Reaction
For what it's worth, this is a relatively fresh take on the "stay in the oval" format.

The Midwest needs more tight tracks in my opinion, and Antigo will scratch the itch and then some.
Track variety is good, I'll be interested to see what they come up with. I wish that real MTEG-style stadium races were realistic, but the trucks these days are a teensy bit thumpier than the old Grand National machines.

Still, I feel like the modified dirt ovals have a place, but the best option is to use them to get into unique markets (e.g. Joliet or *cough* Duluth-Superior) and go for track variety for other places. Lena, obviously, provides a bit of a tighter layout, and it sounds like Antigo will promote some signicant door-to-door. But they've got that space out back that could be used.

OTOH it'll be a lot easier to see everything, which is a real plus for spectators.

Tater

Reaction
I visited the track yesterday. Discussions of a crossover jump and racing outside the oval were just broken promises. Track prep has been hampered somewhat by rain, among other factors.

CYS Motorsports

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
But they've got that space out back that could be used.

There is a drainage pond where 60% of the back section was in previous years. So going back there was not feasible anymore.

mv181aa

Reaction
Yes, a section of the guardrail has been taken down, the track goes off to the east in a large loop off turn #2

I visited the track yesterday. Discussions of a crossover jump and racing outside the oval were just broken promises. Track prep has been hampered somewhat by rain, among other factors.
boooooooo

Reaction
Speaking of Lena being a tighter layout- does anyone know if they are extending the track or something? They logged off some of the wooded area north of the track, and there appears to be excavation equipment in that area now.

Jacob D

Reaction
Speaking of Lena being a tighter layout- does anyone know if they are extending the track or something? They logged off some of the wooded area north of the track, and there appears to be excavation equipment in that area now.
I believe that’s for a camping area, like for spectators. But I may be wrong about that

freshwillie

Reaction
there making more room for pits etc. track wasn't designed for how big they have become.