It is now the year 2021...

stephenrjking

Reaction
Caught the podcast with Cheyne and Brent. Still kinda surprised that Mittag appears to be Pro-2 full time now when he was competitive in Pro-4 through 2019, but Pro-2 will be excellent. The pod did not cover Pro-4; thinking that will be in part 2 to lead into the interviews? It wasn't teased, but I'm excited to see how it turns out, even if the truck counts don't look quite as sky-high as originally thought.

It was good to see COR doing an in-garage with Kyle Chaney, he was even talking about his sponsorship issues; I hope that can get worked out, he's a KOH class winner now, better for everyone to have him driving.

Found a video sort of previewing the track that might be the one cited in the thread, looks like a standard infield out-and-back section. Perhaps there were some unique ideas floated, but they went with pretty conventional design, unless there's something not visible there. I admit that a crossover jump sounds fun but there's a whole lot that can go wrong with that sort of thing. It's on Facebook here: Langlade County Speedway (Antigo, WI)

Really is getting real now. Still kind of remarkable that there was basically a full season last year given how everything started, and COR looks promisingly healthy. Should I be worried about finding a seat in that small grandstand in Antigo? Because there's no way I'll be able to get there before noon on Saturday.

Last edited:

Jacob D

Reaction
From what I’ve seen/heard, pro 4 will be about the same as last year, but add the Cole Mamer/Troy Cox pro 4. But again, nothings officially official until race day lol. Grandstand situation, my guess is you’ll be fine as it sounded like they’ll be bringing in an extra grandstand or two along with the one they already have their. I haven’t been there since they last raced there which was 2010’ish so I don’t really remember how large the permanent one is that they have.

StrongholdMS

Reaction

stephenrjking

Reaction

Joxracing

Reaction
I’m oddly excited for Antigo. I think having tight bullring race tracks mixed with the super speedways is great for a series.

IMO P2 and Super Stock are going to be insanity on Antigo’s track. For racers it’ll be incredibly packed and frustrating, and for fans it’ll be downright entertaining.

Looks like RaceDriven is testing Adrian Cenni’s new pro stock sxs at Bark River today, which begs the age old question... Who’s hand do you have to grease to get a test day at the infamous bark river?

Joxracing

Reaction
Cheynesaw, what’s the current count up to now? Every time i hop on social media it seems there is a couple more teams per class coming out of the woodwork for the Champ season.

You can +2 for Super Stock, we’ll be there.

handmethemic

Reaction
Cheynesaw, what’s the current count up to now? Every time i hop on social media it seems there is a couple more teams per class coming out of the woodwork for the Champ season.

You can +2 for Super Stock, we’ll be there.

~20 Pro 2, 9 Pro 4, ~16 Pro Light/Spec, ~18 Super Stock, ~13 Supro Buggy.

Stock Truck might be the smallest of all the other classes in the whole series and I've got ~10 for that one...

Last edited:

handmethemic

Reaction

illmattic86

Reaction
I heard Pastrana is supposed to run a full season in Pro 2 as well, but that seems like a far fetched rumor to me. That guy is really really busy.

stephenrjking

Reaction
The sale "never materialized;" seems like pretty telling language. Something on Jamey's end seems to have fallen through, perhaps fallen hard. 😬

Glad it was feasible to untangle the knot. The prices they have listed are the "lower" prices, still higher than last year but lower than the original offering that got a lot of heat. It's annoying, but costs do go up. I just don't want Crandon to get into the habit of jacking prices up every year; with costs like this it's pricier, but still nothing like, say, the AMA Motocross weekend in Minnesota or a NASCAR race. Edit: Just scrolled through Crandon's IG feed and noted that while weekend camping has gone up a lot, actual admission prices hadn't gone up in 5 years from 2016 to 2020. Prices do occasionally have to go up. I would rather not pay the extra $10 for my Saturday, but I get it. I think they could stand to drop parking back to $5, though.

I'm guessing that the speculation about Wheatland is done now with Amsoil taking up series sponsorship, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Antigo weekend lost some activity with Jamey's exit, as he seemed to be involved with it.

Pastrana running a full season would surprise me, but he could pull all or most of it off. McGrath posting practice vids this week seems... late for Antigo, but right on time for the June Crandon date.

The numbers Cheyne posted, Wow. That's a huuuuuuge field.

Last edited:

CYS Motorsports

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Doug Mittag makes it official: Pro-4 instead of Pro-2.

I mean, if he wanted to really make a splash, he could try both. I suppose he can keep the Pro-2 back out west for the GASC races though.

Deegan is racing Mittags Pro 2 out here.