ITS ALIVE!!!! (GENERAL LEE)

schafer

well me and austin have been on a wrenching Frenzy all day long, and what can i say, the general is ALIVE! WHOOT!!!

anyway few small issues that still need to be covered are the following:

1. Wont idle below 2k, we have to hold it there to keep it running
2. gotta air up a tire :)

haha anyway any input on the idle issue would be cool, its a 85 RX7, Rotary Eng... we can rev it up to 8k and it sounds great, open headers and all....

PS we already tried the carb cleaner spray down for idle and it didnt show any leaks.

Corey Schafer
tmcorey@ttora-socal.com

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Check other vacuum.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

fishd00d

What A Joke
Ummm ya lol

There are a TON of vaccum lines and most of them look good we are going to try and plug off everything we can tomorrow and see if we can get it to idle.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

fishd00d

What A Joke
Its a new motor...its not the old one. Its got compression...its just a vacumm leak.

Go Big Or Go Home

fishd00d

What A Joke
Ya its new to me but when it was pulled it was running. I figured out our problem there is 2 lines that feed oil into the carb and those broke off when we pulled them off the other one. I have no idea where they go or came from and the only shop that knows about rotarys wants $300 just to look at it...thats more then I paid for the car lol so we have had enough working on this car!

So the last time you guys will see The General in action will be at D-Day at the Rialto Race way on OCT 12th!
So be there!!!!

After that you will be able to see it as a monument at the Rialto Raceway with flowers planted in it!

We are going big and not going home so watch out......

Go Big Or Go Home

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
hehe :) cant wait to see it! i <3 the general.

*i like to move it move it*

fishd00d

What A Joke
Ya I just found that out last night heh. Only problem is I have to find where they go up top on the carb or wherever. Wherever they go up there is our vacumm leak.

Go Big Or Go Home

partybarge_pilot

The oil lines go from the intake ports to an oil pump. Just plug the holes in the ports and you'll be ok. I also recomed pre-mixing your gas. Use synthetic oil at 50:1 and you won't have any build up problems.