• Forum membership has its advantages....

It's finaly home

Chris

It\'s finaly home

After a long day starting at around 5 A.M. our new race truck is finally home. Its a bright blue Ford F150, it's huge!!! Now I have some questions. It has a C-4 trans w/ manual valve body. Aparently Art Carr sells some type of modified dip stick to account for the inreased oil capacity. Does anyone know what the number for Art Carr is? Also the 9inch axel on it leaks a little where the pinion comes out of the third member. Is there a gasket there that can be easily replaced? I'm sure as we go over it getting it ready to race I will have many more questions as this full size truck stuff is all brand new to us.

Jimmy8

Re: It\'s finaly home

C4, that means it must have a 302, right?

Chris

Actually it's got an 351 windsor. Freshly rebuilt with about 10 miles on it. The gentleman that we got the truck from said that the C4 was good up to about 400hp and that if you kept it under 400hp you could run all season on it without any maintenance other than changing the ATF.

Flea

im not sure but i think if you look on the linkz page on this sight it has the link to art carr. then you can get the number off the their website. i think it is easy to replace that gasket. it seams like if you unbolted those five or six bolts around the end of the pinion and took the driveshaft off then that seal should just slide off. im not sure but that may be how it works. somebody on this site should know that. just wondering im building my f150 right now and i was wondering how you built the front end, how did you build the core support and coilover mounts? and are you running equal length beams. just wondering if you had any info you could give me. how long of shocks did you use? thanx

singlehanded

Got any pictures you can post? Whose truck was it before you bought it? What class will it be in and what series?

local

Chris

I'll get some pics of it up over the weekend. It belonged to Rick Siemon. We are planning on racing it in the MDR series and if it turns out that either my brother or I are any good at driving we'll bump it up to SCORE. We'll see. We are going to start small and work our way up. The truck is a pretty simple design, with decent power and travel. We are aiming for consitency in our finishes. We figure if you keep it simple there is less to go wrong and we stand a better chance of finishing the races rather than trying to make the truck the fastest sickest truck out there.

Mike_HKmtrsprts

The number for Art Carr in California is 714-901-3777 ask for Rich he is a friend of mine, I havent looked at there web site in a while but the number that used to be posted was from when they were in Reno Nevada....

You must be Fast cuz I was HAULIN ASS when I passed you...