It's never to early to start the discussion...Baja 1000 Course

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
Reaction
This discussion has already started over at ThumperTalk so we're way behind on RDC.

If San Felipe, the 500, and Sal's own comments are any indication, the Baja 1000 will be nearly identical to last year. But some dude called "BoogersDad" is saying there will be a relatively big tweak in the San Felipe loop which could add another 30 to 40 miles to the race.

Other guys claiming even bigger changes from 2008.

Whatchya'll thinking?

Chainguide

Reaction
I think it'll be closer to the '05 1000 from what I'm hearing...over the summit again.

OR2BAJA

Reaction
I know it isn't going to happen but I would like to see a point to point race every other year! Last year was cool because you could see two different legs of the race in realtive close proximity but it made for sketchy driving on highway 3 with chase and spectators smashing back and forth on 3 which turned out great cause we didn't experience an code reds on the highway!

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I heard pretty much the same as last year.

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
Reaction
I think it'll be closer to the '05 1000 from what I'm hearing...over the summit again.
So relative to 2008 it would basically cut out the Pine Forest & Rumorosa and replace that with the first 200 miles of the 2009 Baja 500 course? Full Mike's loop or the same jaunt around VD Trinidad that we've been doing the last couple of years?

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
Since I'll be in a car this year at the 1000, I better focus into this thread for sure.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Thinking out loud again Nick?

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
I'd really like to see SCORE do something good for the fans and go to La Paz this year. The economy is bad here but really bad in Baja Sur and after the hurricane they need something like the Baja 1000 to come and induce some $$$$ into the economy down there. There is a huge fan base for this sport in southern Baja and they are very loyal. Robby Gordon, Terrible Herbst, Johnny Cambell. those are household names in Baja Sur, hardly that in our country. I really feel SCORE needs to start showing more loyalty to the fans down there.

SCORE has an opportunity to do some good for the ranchers down there that have lost everything. We all hear about the ranchers that won't let the race go through their properties. Now is the time for SCORE to give back to those who do let the race go through. and maybe it would change some of the minds of those ranchers that don't. This is their chance to do some good that will benefit not only the people of Baja Sur but the race as well for years to come.

If I was running SCORE i'd go to La Paz this year.

baja619

Reaction
I guess not many of you listened to Frank Deangleo on TORR last night....?!

bajafoolin'

Reaction
La Paz should be next year.

I heard they would run San Felipe the opposite way of last year. Cut out the "figure 8" and run the SF loop backwards.

And use a wash a little further south the make another 30-40mi. Matomi?

rickf

Reaction
The course will be exactly the same as the '08 course......

.............except where it's different.

Dibbs on the right-across-the-Mexicali-border-right-off-the-highway-easy-to-get-to-pit!

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
And you would have half the amount of entries as a loop this year IMO.
don't they usually get more entries when it's not a loop.

i just see this as an opportunity for the racers to give back to a place that has given so much. and more importantly NEEDS you guys.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
don't they usually get more entries when it's not a loop.

i just see this as an opportunity for the racers to give back to a place that has given so much. and more importantly NEEDS you guys.
Yes but with the way the american economy is right now they will get way less because the teams wont be able to afford to race it. The run to cabo/la paz cost 2-3x as much as a loop run!

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
nice avatar picture, i am sure that is something most people can agree on.
sorry for the highjack but did you hear what Warren Sapp said about dude on NFL this week.

He said he wished she was his daughter so he could " put his hands " on the man.

I'd be frickin' scared!

motoman29

Reaction
Yes but with the way the american economy is right now they will get way less because the teams wont be able to afford to race it. The run to cabo/la paz cost 2-3x as much as a loop run!
if it a loop, we will be racing.

if it is a La Paz/Cabo run, we will NOT be racing.

$$$ is tight.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
no rumarosa grade or near mexicali.....too many problems with the spectators tearing stuff up...........what i heard.........