### IT'S the BIG ONE! ###

Baja_Seve

Reaction
IRC Tracking is used.
The website doesn't state how much the IRC Tracking Service is. Is it free? Already included in entry fee?

Will you be using the IRC "E-trac" active tracker, the passive tracker used at the Baja 500, or something completely different? How will you know it's working when you receive it?

THE IRC TRACKING SYSTEM: Please read. This is new but we’re going to be using it from now on. Learn to live with it because it’s going to be essential for us here in our area and it’s becoming official and essential in many other areas closely watched by authorities.

Everyone who starts the race, in whatever class, MUST have attached on the bike/quad or self, an IRC tracking unit. This unit will send continuous satellite signals to us, indicating where you are on the course and MORE IMPORTANTLY, if you are staying on the “marked course” or not. Any deviation from the marked course, the tracking system will record it and it will show up when we look at your laps. Depending on the amount of deviation (short-cutting or missing the entire course), we will impose a penalty or disqualification to any rider who violates the course markings.

We will have IRC officials at the start/finish to help you set up the unit on your vehicle before the start. However, it is your responsibility to make sure the unit stays on! You lose it, you pay for it.

Lucho

Reaction
We're using IRC's latest tracker, which basically is to keep track of everyone in the race and make sure everyone stays on the marked course. The $65.00 entry fee includes the tracker. They are also developing a smaller version which should be out soon. In the meantime, we've been told that these units can be attached to the handlebars, the back of the number plate and even inside a back-pack or butt-pack.
We are using it to apiece the environmentalists: Showing them that we have racers who will stay on the course. If we don't we are prone to losing may of the areas we use for our SuperCourse races. The units will also help us with the scoring, and most likely we should be able to post "unofficial" results as soon as the last rider is in. We're jazzed because in 2010 we plan on starting our 2010 Cal City's Trac'n Off-Road Series including all off-road classes, including bikes, quads, side-by-sides, trucks, buggies, etc.

The website doesn't state how much the IRC Tracking Service is. Is it free? Already included in entry fee?

Will you be using the IRC "E-trac" active tracker, the passive tracker used at the Baja 500, or something completely different? How will you know it's working when you receive it?

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
this race or the MRAN night race sounds good.

another decision between MRAN and you guys. dang't. is it a team race? i want to race this with my friend

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Looking forward to it Lou.Did you recieve my entry?and was I one of the first 40 to enter?

Lucho

Reaction
We're putting you dead-last, you sand-bagger! Just kidding.

Yes we did and I believe you are among the first, but don't quote me until I get back to the office.

Looking forward to it Lou.Did you recieve my entry?and was I one of the first 40 to enter?
Some one asked about Team races. Yes, we do have a Team race at the same time we're running the SuperCourse:The Team is made up of 1 Novice, 1 Expert and 1 40+ rider. Each rides its own bike and we take the overall finishing position form each, add them up and the Team with the lowest score gets First, second lowest; 2nd and so on.

J Caster

Honda TRX700XX Pilot
Reaction
Lou, only two laps!? Lets make it interesting and make it four! :D

I've been planning on making at least one of your races this year and this one sounds like fun. Might be a good test for my prerunner I'm using for the 1k.

Lucho

Reaction
How did you know? Four laps, that's it! YOU GOT IT! LOL

Actually, this one is two laps and the last one, SuperCourse #6, December 12, will be a four lap race. We're working on a "clover leaf" design of the course so there will be four distinctive 20-25 mile loops, all finishing at the Alta Vista Ranch. If I can pull it off, it's going to be great. Remember, I've got to stay on unmaintained county roads. So we're working on it.
Hope to see you October 24 for #5. It's going to be a blast.

Lou, only two laps!? Lets make it interesting and make it four! :D

I've been planning on making at least one of your races this year and this one sounds like fun. Might be a good test for my prerunner I'm using for the 1k.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Lou did you findout if my entry was in the first 40?Just wanted to know if I needed money for a shirt or if I was covered?And 4 25 mile loops in DEC. sounds like fun.

Lucho

Reaction
Lou did you findout if my entry was in the first 40?Just wanted to know if I needed money for a shirt or if I was covered?And 4 25 mile loops in DEC. sounds like fun.
You are covered, my man! You are covered!

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Thanks Lou.I am really excited about the next couple races you are putting on.I think the format is going to be fun.My quad is ready and waiting also.

Attachments

Lucho

Reaction
A number of calls have come in asking whether the IRC tracking system will be mandatory at this October 24, SuperCourse #5 event.

Yes, everyone has to carry the IRC tracker, which is part of your entry fee at a terrifically reduced rate. This is for safety issues and to keep everyone honest. We will be using this system from now on and upgrade it as it becomes available. We truly believe in it. It will make racing much better, and it will aid us to keep an eye on everyone racing, especially as we progress on the longer courses, where we will be able to determine where each racer is if there are problems.

Get used to it. Technology is here, and in 2010 we will follow this with the first-ever TRAC'N event for all classes of off-road and dirt racing.

TECHNO-RACING IS HERE -- EMBRACE IT!​

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Lou I met and spoke with Phil from IRC at the MORE race last night.He showed me one of the trackers.It is about the size of a car alarm remote and comes with a small Pelican case to mount it or you could carry it in your backpack.I`m looking forward to racing with this system in place.See you in a couple weeks.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
re-packed my pipe today and went over the rest of the quad.can`t wait tell next weekend.

Lucho

Reaction
RACERS – WE’RE MOVING INTO A NEW ERA.

Today we finished marking SuperCourse #5 and while doing it we were testing one of the new IRC Tracking units. Wow! It really works. It can tell us how fast we were going every six seconds, where we stopped, where we had to pound stakes, get a drink, and go and relieve ourselves. It’s that sensitive. It could also tell us whether we’re on the course or not, and how far off we were, and when we went past the marked course. We downloaded the information after we sent it to IRC and they shot it back to us and it was quite revealing. There were several instances while I was driving, that I took the wrong trail and it indicated where I went wrong. Twice, we went past the turnoff and it showed by how far we were off. This stuff is really neat and each one of you racers will have one of these when you take off.

IRC will hand out the boxes when you check in on Saturday morning or on Friday night. New entries will also get the boxes.
However, the actual “tracking” transponder will be placed inside the box by IRC and activated as you are “staged” on the start line.

So WE MUST HAVE EVERYONE LINED UP ACCORDING TO RACE NUMBER NO LATER THAN 9:30 A.M. FOR A 10 A.M. START.

You can attach the box and transponder on your bike with zip-ties or if you have a butt pack or back pack or a jacked with sealed pockets, you can carry it. REMEMBER, IRC will turn it on for you once you are staged, NOT BEFORE. IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE YOUR TRANSPONDER UNIT HAS BEEN LOOKED AT BY IRC.

Since there’s no pre-running, we have taken extra time to make sure the course is well marked with arrows, pink ribbons and mileage markers every 2 miles.

AT THE END OF THE RACE, after you’ve received the Checkered flag and gone through our scoring chute, you will be stopped and the IRC Tracking box/unit will be taken by IRC. On Sunday, they will download all the information for each participant and e-mail it to us Monday or Tuesday, where we can check whether you stayed on the course or not. We can get as close as 350 feet from the air to the course to see exactly where you traveled. If you cut the course or shaved a corner, WE WILL KNOW!!! HA! HA! HA!

We will attempt to have the Unofficial results printed after everyone is finished on Saturday afternoon. Remember, these are UNOFFICIAL, just to give you an idea where you may have finished.

We will have sweeps during the race, so that if you get off and can’t continue, or you have broken down, stay with your bike/quad. Don’t go anywhere. If you are hurt, please let another rider know so that he/she can relay it. Be sure to take note of the race mileage where you are located.

WE STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU BRING A CELL PHONE, in the event you need to get in touch with us. Here are the official numbers you can call:
• Lou = 760.578.6258
• Lois = 760.578.6256

• RADIO FREQUENCY = 151.925 MHz

We’ll cover a lot of things at the 9 a.m. Rider’s meeting. You MUST BE THERE READY TO GO!

ONE LAST IMPORTANT MATTER: Each unit costs $250.00 to replace. You lose it, break it, or go home with it, you will have to pay the full price. We need to have each unit back as you finish the event. For those of you who pull out early, break or are towed or trucked back, you must also make sure you hand-in the IRC unit to an IRC official. No excuses!

We’re sending a couple of officials out on Friday afternoon to check the course and the markings. After that, we will consider the course ready.
This is going to be fun for all of us. Once we get back all individual tracking files, we’ll be able to see where you went and how fast.

Good luck everyone. Bring a friend to race with you. Bring the family and enjoy. The weather is incredible!

Hayward Racing

Reaction
Good luck Bill.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
Thanks Zach.Hopeing to clinche my championship this weekend.