Ivan Stewart Pro Trucks?

Billy_the_Kid

Reaction
What happened to the Ivan Stewart Pro Trucks. According to the Dusty Times they were supposed to be at Crandon again this year for the World Cahmpionships, but none of them showed up. Did that race get cancelled? and why?

deleted

----
Reaction
the protrucks are going to race short course race in La Paz, it sounded like it was a better money deal to go to La Paz rather than Crandon........

Greg

Reaction
And they probably wont look so slow compared to everything else racing there!!

Dave_G

Reaction
RE:"And they probably wont look so slow compared to everything else racing there!! "

Oooooooh......twist the knife before you pull it out Greg......

lol

Dave

Harpo

Reaction
The bet is on!!!

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Hey, why the slam on pro-trucks. They have some pretty good things going on right now. They have excellant t.v. coverage and have been finishing in the top 10 of all the S.C.O.R.E / BITD races. They dont claim to be a Pro-4 / Pro-2, if thats what you are refering to.

frankh

Reaction
Maybe a two race challenge. One short course race, heads up. Then they can come to like a primm race and see how the can hold up where the pro-truck was designed to run.

Harpo

Reaction
AMEN!!!!

deleted

----
Reaction
Greg,
Before you slam the Protrucks, i will make a bet that they will go faster than anything that goes out to rialto except Leduc's and Huseman trucks. Are class has been going in a really good direction lately, it would be nice if you wouldnt slam it.........

jeff

Reaction
I don't think Greg was slamming anyone... why did some people take it that way? It's a simple fact that a ProTruck is not as fast as the Pro-2 and Pro-4 trucks. My thoughts are if a ProTruck owner/driver took Greg seriously and was hurt by what he said his skin must be as thin as an old MTR sidewall. It'd be great if some of the ProTruck drivers took their trucks out to the Rialto events just to let others see them run, regardless of how fast they go roundy round. Rialto isn't all about who's got the fastest vehicle, it's about putting on a good show and having fun.

And how much is the bet?

Aloha

martininsocal

Reaction
Well, lets look at it this way...Why are Protrucks slower? It is a simple answer, horsepower. And how many Protrucks run regularly vs. how many Pro4's? There was some griping about the low numbers of Pro4's earlier. Costs! I am willing to bet the Pro4 motor costs for the top teams will be close to what a Protruck team runs for their whole package for a year. The motor rules in Protruck are there to keep costs down, which allows more teams to compete, even without a major sponsor. Let a Protruck run a 414" small block chevy built to run 50 miles before grenading with all the mods and I would bet the trucks would be real close. Put a 9:0 to 1 compression 350 in a Pro4/2 with a single carb 4 hole carb and see who is slow...

Greg

Reaction
I guess I just expected them to run better than they did at Crandon last year, they seem to be doing better than anyone thought in the deseret though. As for "faster than anything at Rialto" , hmm, Renezeder, Barlow, Greene, Kyle LeDuc, Hall, Hines, just to name a few. As for seing how a Protruck would do out there, Matt, bring yours out, we'll race for cash or something. How 'bout if you win I give you a $1000, if I win you buy event insurance for the track for next year, those amounts are very close porpotionatly to the costs of each of our vehicles. You can have your guys prep your truck and you can even run whatever tire you want (even one of those Patton built "crate" motors that the average guy can affrdord). Since I have to work everyday until the next event, i wont have a chance to fix my semi-broken trans or rebuild my shocks that haven't been touched in about 1.5 years, i will also run my bone stock 200+kmile, 160 hp motor (maybe with the air on). I gotta tell you the faster prerunner guys are running about 10-12 sec a lap off the last pro 4 that was out there. Call Mr. Stewart and see if he'll let you bring your truck out there.

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Greg, take a deep breath, i dont know what your hard feelings are all about. all these trucks are designed and set up for different purposes.

hoeker

Reaction
when i read greg's post i was a little dissapointed and worried we might have this start, then i re-read it and realized he wasn't bagging on the pro trucks, just stating a fact. at crandon they are slower than a CORR stocker with 5 x the suspension. that's not a problem, just a different truck designed for different racing. a corr stocker would make it maybe 50 miles in the dezert and be WAY slower than a pro-truck then there you'd sit. absolutely worthless in the dezert, no big deal, and no one racing shortcourse would have a problem with it. the pro-trucks at crandon was a great concept, and the racing was close and competative, but nothing like a true short course truck, OH WELL.

billymanfroy

Reaction
That's odd! It's usually the wife who snaps shortly after marriage (or engagement) - but then Jen and Greg have always taken pride in doing things differently. LOL Just kidding bro...

Seriously, though, can I get in on that bet with my 2.3l?!?

Greg

Reaction
Ok, ok, i was really kinda joking, I dont even have $1000 at my disposal. But I would love to let a bunch of Pro truck guys race each other on our track (which is waaay rougher than than Crandon, so they should be more in thier element). I still would like to see how they do against some of the faster prerunners though. Personnally, I think most of desert racing is too expensive (most likely 'cause I personally cant afford it) and my hat is off to the fast protruck guys running way better than most people ever thought they could. And Matt, I still wanna race you.

Baja_Seve

Reaction
The concept is sound and will promote our sport. Ivan is aware of the shortcomings and will attempt to correct as we go along. I think we're over the denial-rejection phases.

"If Michigan is God's country, Baja must be God's dream."