• Forum membership has its advantages....

Ivan Stewart The Baja

Jimmy8

Have any of you ever played the 2nd Ivan Stewart off road game called The Baja. It was for super nintendo but I dont think a lot of people knew about it. I think it was the best game out of the 3. You could play the 250, 500, or 1000 and it was closer to desert racing than the stadium one or the latest one. Just wondering if any of you had ever heard of it. I wonder if nintendo will come out with a new Ivan game for their new system. They have had a new Ivan game for every other system they have had.

EQuin

Hey Jimmy,

I remember playing some kind of a desert racing game on Super Nintendo where you drive an Ivan Stewart-looking Toyota tropy truck. That might be the same game you're talking about, but unfortunately I don't remember the name of it. I do remember, though, that you would sometimes see deer and people close to the course, and if you hit any of them you got points deducted. Is that the same one you're talking about?

Ed

Jimmy8

Yeah, thats the one, I always had problems hitting the mexican guys with the wagons, the big rocks, and God forbid if you hit a cactus or Donkey, your damage goes all the way up, and Ivan gets out of the truck and stomps the ground. Its cool in the 1000 when you get really close to La Paz at night, and you have to turn on your lights, and the more lights you have the brighter it gets. It is a cool game.

EQuin

LOL. Yeah, I remember hitting deer and cactus, but I never got that far in the game to reach La Paz at night. Does the Nintendo 64 system or Game Boy have a game like that? My 8 year old daughter has both, the N64 and a Game Boy, so if there is a Baja game like that I wouldn't mind playing it on my daughter's systems.

Take care,

Ed

Jimmy8

There is an Ivan stewart game for the N64. It is called Off Road Challenge. It is a really awesome game. I dont think you can find it in stores anymore because it came out when the system did and isnt produced anymore. I see a million copies of it on ebay though, and you can pick it up all day long for like 10 bucks. Get it, it will be worth it. This is the same game that is in the arcades now, its great and a lot better than the old stadium version, although that is pretty fun too.

EQuin

Thanks for the info, Jimmy! $10 is a pretty good deal for those N64 games. I'll have to check it out on e-bay.

Take care,

Ed

Gabe Lara

Off Road Challenge is a kick in the pants! This was a game Ivan Stewart helped design when the N64's first came out. The more $$ you win, the more you can spend to upgrade your ride. Shocks, tires, overall horsepower, nitro, RPM (powerband)......or just use cheat codes..... They've got Bob Gordon's old beam buggy in there, Ivan's TT, MacCachren's old TT, Ragland's Arnold, and a few others.

Jimmy8

They have Mark Steins Andataco class 8s in it too, but its a hidden truck along with a couple of monster trucks.