• Forum membership has its advantages....

Ivanpah airport takes out mint 400 and BAP

snoreracer

I received a call from the BLM on the proposed Ivanpah airport expansion .They said the airport is looking to expand the boundary's to have a nose buffer and for future development. The map I was sent would take the airport land south to the state line and north past Jean . That would make it impossible to access Primm for the mint 400 and take out part of the roach dry lake the track is in red and boundary purple . For BAP it would take out the north pit and dry lake and the south going to state line. This is still in the planning stages so we can still fit it but we must start now.
ivanpah air.JPG

Chris Tobin

That would suck!!! How much land do they need to expand the airport??? Wouldn't it be better for the airport to stay on one side of the RR tracks anyhow???

Bdub 1020

Call all Congressman , Senators and incoming officials. Start now and don't let up Nevadians.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Wtf is an airport being proposed there anyways? Stupid. There is nothing around there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMA GUMBY

This "plan" has been talked about for many years. This is part of why Nevada Landing was leveled years ago. So the owners then, could concentrate what little operating capital they had, to keep Gold Strike operating. Then when this proposal came to fruition, they could sell the property at a HUGE premium. Not saying it won't happen. Must be getting closer though. Kenny. Is there anything non residents can do to help? Should I buy property in Clark County so I can be heard? We can't lose these iconic races.

ACME

Thanks for the heads up Kenny!

Has anyone received the MM Spam-o-Gram on this yet???

WickedGravityVideo

Is this a proposed project or is it a done deal? Is it the new Vegas airport or a freight only airport, or other?
Remember, if an airplane lands on a tortoise, just one tortoise, the airport is CLOSED FOREVER! right?

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
I believe it's been proposed for at least a couple of decades.

blue dog

At some point in the way past, there was talk of a major airport hub out near sandy valley I thought.

cubed

Nothing current being talked about in Sandy Valley, there was also talk of a major airport in Mesquite or St, George/Hurricane in southern Utah but those also appear to be dead.
Last I heard the Ivanpah airport was to have full customs capability to remove some of the incoming oversea air freight traffic from LAX in addition to removing freight traffic from McCarran. It is also proposed to be a passenger airport with full customs to accept direct incoming international flights.

snoreracer

Contact Nevadan congressman
Joe heck Nevada Office
8872 S. Eastern Ave.
Suite 220
Las Vegas, NV 89123
Phone: (702) 387-4941
Fax: (702) 837-0728
congressman
Cresent Hardy 702 912 1634 fax 476 0911
and senator
Dean Heller

Las Vegas
8930 West Sunset Road
Suite 230
Las Vegas, NV 89148
Phone: 702-388-6605
Fax: 702-388-6501

blue dog

If so, buy/build commercial tilt up warehouse space with loading docks in the area.

CMA GUMBY

Thanks. I called all and left messages. Will follow up with e mails tomorrow. And yes, I was respectful.

J Prich

Wouldn't it be better to call Heck , Hardy and Heller an stop this thing ???
Kenny, I haven't paid close enough attention...but did Heck vacate his seat for his Senate run or is he retaining his district?

buckwild

Maybe somebody should ask one of Herbst Brothers they own the Gold Strike so they probably know what's going on with the airport

J Prich

Wouldn't it be better to call Heck , Hardy and Heller an stop this thing ???
Nevermind, looked it up myself. I thought his was vacant...the seat Danny Tarkanian was running for. So Heck won't be around much longer to work on anyway.

blue dog

But Reid is on his way out. Yeah !