Jacinto Racing Race Report "SS300"

JJ LJR

Reaction
What a great weekend we had at the Bilek Silver State 300.

We started the weekend off by getting ready for the Time Trials. The car looked good, Steve and I felt good, looked like it was going to be a great day. We were the 8th car off the line and we were off for our practice lap, second corner and Bam No power steering what the heck the car tested good and felt good until that point. Steve muscled the steering and used the turning break to finish our practice lap. We went back to our truck to try and find the problem, we couldent find anything. All of a sudden the steering worked so we figured lets just try it and we will replace everything once we get back to the transporter at the hotel. We had an uneventful lap and finished in 7th. The best starting spot for us to date.

We got back to the transporter and our crew jumped on the car taking everything apart with the steering. We had new parts that would be up in the morning with our chase crews and they would put the car back together before Contingency and Tech.

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to GROVE LUMBER Racing. Grove's guys came out and gave us a hand getting a bolt out of the steering arm that had broke off. The Crolls and Grove Lumber are a Class Act and it is a pleasure knowing and racing with such great people.

Race day came and we were 7th off the line. Steve and Willie would start the race and take the car to Pit 2 where we would dump 2 cans a VP fuel in the car then they would continue to Caliente. Steve and Willie had a pretty uneventful day, passing a few cars that had problems or flats and keeping a close eye on the lead pack, as Steve would put it "just riding in dust trying not to make any mistakes". Steve brought the car to me in Caliente without a problem. Steve got out, I got in and it was Willie and I to take the car to the finish. What a great job Steve did, we believe that we were 2nd in class and 3rd overall on corrected time when he got me the car. Because of the good fuel mileage that we were getting our crew calculated that we would not stop at pit 6 for fuel and gave me the green light to take it to the finish. We were having an uneventful day just staying in Voss Motorsports dust waiting for the right time to make our move. Unfortunately that time came, but it was heartbreaking on the way it came to us. About 1 mile after we go under the R x R tracks at mile 250 I could see fluid on the ground and could tell something dident look correct, we round one more corner and we could see Voss parked with smoke going everywhere. Jason and his co-dawg were just getting out of the truck and ran to the front to get the hood off. As we pull up I could see fire under the truck and knew that they did not know there was fire, I slam on my breaks, pull up next to them and start yelling as loud as I could "Fire-Fire-Fire" They could not hear what I was saying so one of them ran over to me and that is when they saw the fire. I told him to get our fire extinguisher, but he could not get ours off so he told me to go and I told him how to pull the pin and it would come right off, so he ran back around the car and grabbed ours then told me to continue they had it under control. When we got to the finish and heard the news of Voss truck, i'm so sorry that we did not stay to help more. After we left Voss we just ran as fast as we could without getting into trouble and had a problem free run to the finish. We get to the finish and Casey tells me don't go far, we have to check some times, but we think you won. We are getting ready to go on the Ford Mesa and Casey tells us to wait he has something to say. Casey gets the mic from George and tells us that we Overalled C/T by 9 seconds over TJ. What a great 1st win and overall for us in B.I.T.D..

I would like to thank Casey, Diane and Best in the Desert staff for everything you guys and gals do to keep this sport that we all love going.

A special thanks goes out to Larry Jacinto, THANK YOU!!! you are the man that has made a dream come true.
Thank you to our crew that work so hard for us. Our families that support and allow us to do what we love to do. My wife "Erin" and girls "Anistyn & Lexi" for letting me be gone so much, chasing a dream.

Thank You!! Larry Jacinto Construction, VP Fuel, Lucas Oil, BFGoodrich "not 1 flat tire all day", Glen Helen, Feldkamp Family, Deviate Films, mwilsonphoto, Cattrac, High Performance Helicopters, Kroyer Engines, King Shock, Kar-Tek, Pro-Am, PCI Radios, KleN Laundry, Steve for getting me a great car and Willie for the great job you did with Steve and I co-dawging for us.

See you all at the next one!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shoyrtt

Reaction
Great job! We were cheering on the street (singular, not plural) of Mentone!:D

GROVERACING

Reaction
Congratulations Jacinto Racing/Steve/Jake! You guys did a great job out there. I was stoked to hear you guys had won it. Glad we were able to help out a little before the race and anytime in the future. Great to hang out with your team again.

Josh @ DanZio

Chains
Reaction
Good juob my bretheren!!!! I am Stoked you guys won!!!!

vgracing

Reaction
Congratulations ! Your entire team is a class act that deserves a hard earned win !

Vince Galewick
VG Racing

deano

McDeano
Reaction
great job on the O/A, you buggy dorks ...... great accomplishment for sure --- it's too bad that dirtnewz has such a love-affair for BIG names and BIG drama :p or he would've given you guys some love on his MAIN PAGE for the BITD SILVERSTATE 300 OVER/ALL -- maybe you should of listed RM, BM OR JJ as your co-dawgs and you would've got some print :eek: :cool:

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
great job on the O/A, you buggy dorks ...... great accomplishment for sure --- it's too bad that dirtnewz has such a love-affair for BIG names and BIG drama :p or he would've given you guys some love on his MAIN PAGE for the BITD SILVERSTATE 300 OVER/ALL -- maybe you should of listed RM, BM OR JJ as your co-dawgs and you would've got some print :eek: :cool:

Shots fired!! Hit the deck!! :D

HSDMORGAN

Reaction
Great job,nice to hear a buggy OA'd. congrats

cbrdoll

Resident Cougar
Reaction
I know I'm way late.... but Great post!..and many Congrats! :D:D:D

deviate films

Reaction
Proud of these guys.. Getting to be there for this well deserved win was an experience I will never forget. They worked hard for this win and deserve it. With all the tears shed at the finish line, you can see how many people were proud...Great job Jake and Steve. No doubt in my mind that this is not you only victory coming..