jack flannery #815 tribute prerunner

class 8 ford

Reaction
I'M WORKING ON A JACK FLANNERY #815 FORD CLASS 8 TRIBUTE. I RACED AGAINST HIM IN THE LATE 80'S EARLY '90'S. ALWAYS LOOKING FOR PICTURES OF HIS TRUCKS OR TEAM. THANKS JON
004.JPG

Quailhunter

Covert Troll.
Reaction
Very Cool!

class 8 ford

Reaction
I'm getting a wrap done in the red- white - blue scheme, complete with sponsors. pictures coming soon!

retroblazer

Reaction
Looks good. I have the last I beam and radius arm set up that Jack ran on his Ford.. Jimmy Crowder of Florida bought the truck when Jack went to Chevy. Almost immediately he had Scott Taylor rework the truck, including new i beams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

class 8 ford

Reaction
I think Kevin Pence may have built the suspension or the whole truck?. Are you using the parts? I tried to buy the truck before Jimmie Crowder got it , my dad was going to help me buy it for $15,000 and he changed his mind. I ran into Jack at Parson's Chevrolet and we went to look at the truck, I still have a Flannery Racing business card. Does anyone know if Crowder still has it? I called Crowder's business two years ago and the lady knew he raced but never got a call back.

retroblazer

Reaction
I'm a little fuzzy on this, but I'm pretty sure the truck was sold to Jerry Bundy or his son-in-law from Maine or Mass.
The beams are not being used currently.
A side story on the front suspension. I was running Fresh Air Systems at the time. I was always willing to trade my gear for race car parts, so I had been collecting parts to build a car.. Ricky Johnson was a client at the time, and in a phone conversation with him about racing in the 1998 Baja 1000, I told him of my plan to build a Crandon Class13 truck, using the Jack's front suspension in a Ford truck with a Chevy engine like many current 1450's. To my utter surprise, he said that he would drive a leg of the race after doing an earlier ride. After hearing his interest, I knew he couldn't get in some ford/ chevy combo since he was driving for Penske, so that is when I decided to see if Gerald Foster would sell me his Geoff Dorr design Blazer, sitting in the weeds of his junkyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

class 8 ford

Reaction
I'm about 100 % sure Crowder bought the #815 as I have some old race footage of him racing it. Jerry Bundy may have bought the 4x4 truck # 435 ? Class 13 was cool as you could use almost any driveline combination and they usually were super fast!

alwaysracin

Reaction
I'm about 100 % sure Crowder bought the #815 as I have some old race footage of him racing it. Jerry Bundy may have bought the 4x4 truck # 435 ? Class 13 was cool as you could use almost any driveline combination and they usually were super fast!
Jack Heidman from Marquette Mich. has Jack's 4x4. He run under # 406. He still has it. Last it run was 2 years agow in Formula 4x4 in TORC.

retroblazer

Reaction
So much for my fuzzy memory, Jerry Bundy is from Connecticut. I'm on the road at the moment, but when I get home I'll look up Jerry's contact info. It will take me a little time, but I will take some pics of the i beams and the radius arms, and copy Jack's press release kit from his Ford days.

retroblazer

Reaction
I dragged the beams outside the barn for some pictures. They were covered in crap and dust. I started to hunt my cheap pressure washer, only to find it gone, so my excuse for the crappy pic is I was pissed off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 783
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 754

class 8 ford

Reaction
hey thanks for taking the time to get them out and take pictures! If I may ask how did they end up in California?I'm getting the truck wrapped and race decals put on, I will post pictures of it finished next week .

retroblazer

Reaction
Very nice. Jack's front suspension made the trip to California when I moved in 2011 from Chicago. My last thought was to replicate the actual race truck when it last ran with a single Kuster shock in front and a big block/c6 combo, and run NORRA.

alwaysracin

Reaction
This is pick of Jack's truck when Rampage Racing had it and Nicole Schlueter drove it. Rampage bought the truck from Jimmy Crowder after Scot Taylor build Jimmy his new one.
Nicole in 8.jpg

class 8 ford

Reaction
246.JPG 243.JPG I raced at Hinsdale, and Rockford ILL. in 1989, maybe you were there? would have been neat if you made the NORRA truck! I tried to buy Jack's truck before Crowder got it, was $15,000, no engine or shocks, my Dad was going to help me, but backed out. I still have a Flannery Racing card! I remember the Rampage racing Ford, wonder were it went? I quit racing in 1990 and kind of lost track of who had what. Here is my class 6 and my class 8 truck.

harleys dad

Reaction
Jack was a friend of mine, first met him in the early 80s when he came to Riverside when I raced my 51600, we were parked right next to each other and when I raced at Crandon in 1989 he had a spot waiting for me to pit with him! the goof ball people running the show put me out in the south 40, and when I say south 40 it was at the very end up against the fence and a loong walk to the track or barn after I told them I had a place with Jack. Jack walked out to where we were and insisted we come up front which we did!!, he also gave lip service to the power hungry clown at the pit entrance.. We both were sponserd by Armstrong tires and Jack came out west to race many times sharing pits at several races including HDRA willow springs both years in 90 91 and Scores phoenix race and Glenn Hellen. It was amazing how huge Jack was at Crandon, you would almost think he was in the beetles LOL and he offerd his pit to me again in 1990 at Crandon again. I flew to Crandon a couple years later and stayed with the Wyestoffs and Probsts and Art Shmidt riding in Lees class 2 car. Last time I towed to Crandon was 1997 and I dont remember him being there at all and things had changed so much I never wanted to go back. Soda Crandon was much better To me! Jack was a good man and I enjoyed his friendship and hanging out with him. Miss ya Jack! Crandon was good to me, I got a huge ring and 2 diamonds to put in it. Translation 1st win gets you the ring and each win there after put a diamond in it! I have never wore it its huge but I think each was a carrot! I dont know if they still do that or not but at that time they did.! and some like Jack had all kinds of diamonds on his world champ ring!

retroblazer

Reaction
View attachment 152995 View attachment 152994 I raced at Hinsdale, and Rockford ILL. in 1989, maybe you were there? would have been neat if you made the NORRA truck! I tried to buy Jack's truck before Crowder got it, was $15,000, no engine or shocks, my Dad was going to help me, but backed out. I still have a Flannery Racing card! I remember the Rampage racing Ford, wonder were it went? I quit racing in 1990 and kind of lost track of who had what. Here is my class 6 and my class 8 truck.

Jon, I'm sure we ran across each other at Crandon or Hinsdale( Sante Fe Speedway). I remember your Cl 8 truck now. I started the race at the Sante Fe Speedway in 1985 with the help of Jeff and Kevin Probst.

Jon,

I'm not sure how long it will be before I'm ready to do something with the front suspension, but if you're interested in running NORRA in a year or two, maybe we can work together.