Jack stands

DougM

Reaction
Where do all the fab shops get those huge jack stands such as this photo?
they look like they only hold up a tube framed vehicle but im unsure?
They look like they'd make things a ton easier on larger suspesned trucks/ suvs.

Anyone know?

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Not to stray away from your question (I would like to know too), but whose shop is that? Porters? Those are some badass trucks in there, I would like to visit that place someday.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

evan_clanin

Reaction
alot of people make there own

i wana be like austin when i grow up, he gets all the chicks

motoxscott

Reaction
Thats Newline's shop.

I got jack stands from Harbor Freight that go up to 28". I paid $80 for the set.

cleartoy

Reaction
Ive often wanted some hi rising stands. I think i will make my own out of 2x3" mild steel. About 36:" tall would be sufficient. Cheap and EZ to make, very accomidating.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

jim_moulton

Reaction
You can make your own or get them from your local welding store. My local welding shop has some nice ones with interchangable heads. They are pretty pricey though. I think they said 75.00 - 100.00 each.

hoeker

Reaction
those stands are typically used with a pipe thread cutting machine. they are available with 3 different heads, and do work very nice. you can pay top money for some Rigids, or shop places like enco for imports. i think the imports are $75 to $100 each but they can still hold a lot of weight.

Build it right, Drive it hard.
www.rosshoek.com

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
By the time you make nice adjustable ones you are almost at the same cost of just buying them. We used to make them but they were not as nice as ones you can buy so we jsut bought some badass ones. I recommend buying them unless you are not too concerned about what you are holding up or yourself underneath it. If people making a living fabricating dont make their own...there must be a reason!

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

In_the_works

Reaction
I'm inclined to agree with Kris, It's one thing to ride on something you fabbed yourself, it's a little different to be sitting under it. I wouldn't trust 3000 lbs above my head to something I made myself. Just my opinion.

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
If you trust the roll cage you fabbed yourself in a roll over than you should trust a little ole' jack stand.

See ya in the dirt!

In_the_works

Reaction
which is why I'm having someone else build the cab cage

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250