Jackpot 200 - July 7th

QurtysLyn

Reaction
I know it's a bit of a haul for most of you, but BOR is putting on the Jackpot 200 on July 7th, and this is easily my favorite course. Would love to see a few more 9s come up, and don't forget to wave at the UTV's changing flats in Easy Street.

QurtysLyn

Reaction
3 lately. Should be 4 for sure that I know of at Jackpot.

We've got one more looking at buying a 9, but I'm not sure when that's going to happen.

Everyone up here just goes straight to UTVs, but I'm going to keep recruiting.

QurtysLyn

Reaction
Jackpot, Nevada.

Hour south of Twin Falls, ID, hour north of Wells, NV.

Speedingjake

Reaction
What is the entry fee for class nine?

Haaa
"Up near Alaska, just west of Montana, just south of Idaho"
Technically that's correct........and north of Arizona, east of California.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Just curious. Seems like a long drive even for the BORE folks, but, since it appears that VORRA is maybe not as active as it was, have you guys thought about trying to get a permit for areas like Weeks, Nevada? Would sure help your car counts from the west and the area has a history of races.

QurtysLyn

Reaction
Jackpot is a bit of a haul, but it's not too bad. We've been running this race for 20 ish years now.

Right now, we've got 4 races, and we're probably not going to expand that. Vernal, Jackpot, Knolls, Wendover.

Entry fee for Class 9 is 500 (All the pro classes except UTV are 500).

Anger Issues

Reaction
We WILL be at Jackpot with one or more trucks. BTW, for those like Bro-Gill... 7 hours on a lovely open empty highway with fast speed limits is NOTHING like driving to Baja. Driving the 15 through Cali to the border sucks ARSE compared to driving to Jackpot. Rooms are cheap, the race is cheap, the course isn't beat to death. There are a few rocks in "easy street"... just a few, ha ha. Isn't "Weeks" in Alaska? :p

y2kbaja

Reaction
Bro-Gill you are old school if you know where Weeks, Nv is. BTW, my parents have the highway sign for Weeks on their patio. Good desert out there.
Jackpot from Sacramento Valley or Reno is not out of the question for a tow. It is an easy drive and closer than Barstow.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
We went to Weeks and camped all the time during the years VORRA ran the 3 desert race seasons every Summer. Weeks, Virginia City, Yerrington, Dayton, Fallon, etc... It was great family racing. Remember the first time I went to Weeks, ever. Asked a guy how to get there. He said 'Take the 50 to the 95A south. When you cross the bridge, you are in Weeks. We crossed the bridge, but we still weren't 'anywhere'. Made a left and started camping. Later that day, people started showing up. My favorite was for a race in the mid 1980s. We had been out there for a few days prerunning. I think it was Thursday or Friday night before the race. Campfires, folks just heading out and all the sudden, to the east, missiles heading up. To the south, missiles heading up. To the northwest, missiles heading up. We started asking people who had come in that day if there had been any brouhaha going on between Reagan and Russia. Folks were saying goodbyes, shaking hands, etc... Later someone came in from the bar up the the highway intersection and said it was just a test. Different times and a different place back then. Really miss Virginia City. Was the GREATEST small race.

y2kbaja

Reaction
Stay tuned for a happening at Weeks for Memorial Day 2019. Not a race but exactly what you described above.

Anger Issues

Reaction
Why isn't this post, or another one on the main Desert Racing page? I will message Kyle on FB.