• Forum membership has its advantages....

Jalopnik running a Bajalite at the 500

Racing Ron

Andrew Collins has put in the work, at the shop and pre running, all while filming, photos, and writing. Solid dude. And he brokered an El Rey feature about the race prep and chaos.

BANNED4LIFE

tighten the #$%@ing wheels next time.........JESUS.......

nimrod

KOOK!
I dig Jalopnik, truck yeah, and black flag but all that other junk that I get accosted by when I open the page drives me nuts. I wished there was a way to customize the page to my own likes so I don't have to see all the other junk. Good ol kinja, it's gotta be the biggest internet troll in the entire world. Contemplating bailing on it.

BANNED4LIFE

yes those goofy nuts were the problem......use the DOUBLE sided 1" tapered nuts the trucks come with FROM THE FACTORY....and tighten them before the race....or come find me and i will tighten them for you.....JESUS....

vegasloki

I ASSume you're talking 1" wrench and not stud size.

If there are bigger studs where can I get them? I've only seen 1/2", 5/8 or 14 mm from the off road guys.

I've got some I've used on other builds, double sided 5/8-18 nuts (1" wrench) and extended studs I was going to use if they fit in the hub. (190k # tensile similar to ARP but a bit less expensive) The truck came with those long tapered studs like the pic above. The nut is so long it doesn't clear the threads.

Racing Ron

yes those goofy nuts were the problem......use the DOUBLE sided 1" tapered nuts the trucks come with FROM THE FACTORY....and tighten them before the race....or come find me and i will tighten them for you.....JESUS....
Love you Pete. Did you tighten the torque converter bolts at last years 500? Cheers mate!

Racing Ron

For the record - we race for fun, but mostly for business. We have sponsors and clients involved, in different ways. Some is straightforward, others more complex. Sometimes, decisions are made that complicate it even further. In this case, we had the option of running race wheels. The truck owner is still relatively new (maybe 6 races) and not in one of the premier classes. I made the choice to run off the shelf wheels, that anyone can buy. Be the low man on the race wheels or near the top on production wheels. The production wheels do not have the material to machine to accommodate the big lug nuts, forcing us to run the small shank and removing most of the 60 degree taper in the stud bore. Bottom line, we kept losing torque and cost us the race. My decision, I'll live with it. We are changing to the race wheels, problem solved.

This truck has finished a couple races, but we have been sorting out multiple issues with this used truck - not Pete's stuff, but previous owner. We'll run it again at Lucerne Sept. 23, and will be ready for the 1000.

Thanks,
Ron

BANNED4LIFE

For the record - we race for fun, but mostly for business. We have sponsors and clients involved, in different ways. Some is straightforward, others more complex. Sometimes, decisions are made that complicate it even further. In this case, we had the option of running race wheels. The truck owner is still relatively new (maybe 6 races) and not in one of the premier classes. I made the choice to run off the shelf wheels, that anyone can buy. Be the low man on the race wheels or near the top on production wheels. The production wheels do not have the material to machine to accommodate the big lug nuts, forcing us to run the small shank and removing most of the 60 degree taper in the stud bore. Bottom line, we kept losing torque and cost us the race. My decision, I'll live with it. We are changing to the race wheels, problem solved.

This truck has finished a couple races, but we have been sorting out multiple issues with this used truck - not Pete's stuff, but previous owner. We'll run it again at Lucerne Sept. 23, and will be ready for the 1000.

Thanks,
Ron
it REALLY annoys me when morons take a PROVEN piece of machinery and monkeys with it, and makes it a unreliable dnf machine.....please FIX IT ALL RON.......just because you get a sponsor, doesnt mean their parts belong on a RACE VEHICLE....just the logos......yes, i told cam that 100 times, but it never sinks in....carry on

Racing Ron

it REALLY annoys me when morons take a PROVEN piece of machinery and monkeys with it, and makes it a unreliable dnf machine.....please FIX IT ALL RON.......just because you get a sponsor, doesnt mean their parts belong on a RACE VEHICLE....just the logos......yes, i told cam that 100 times, but it never sinks in....carry on
I hear ya Pete, always ready to listen to mechanical advice. Please hold, however, on the sponsorship advice.

sent from my iPhone in line behind Cam at the bank cashing sponsorship checks

BANNED4LIFE

I hear ya Pete, always ready to listen to mechanical advice. Please hold, however, on the sponsorship advice.

sent from my iPhone in line behind Cam at the bank cashing sponsorship checks
NO!......