• Forum membership has its advantages....

James Garner AMC for 2016 M1K

trailready

Alex Soltero had great photos of us so I bought the whole package. At the end of day two when the coil inserts were destroyed I ask my alternate driver if he "overdrove" the car. " Oh no, he said, we took good care of it"

Attachments

TROPHYSEDAN

Thank you for the flash back in history.
Very cool build. I took a bunch of pics in 16.
Im looking at getting Jims Ol Ramblers.
To restore. Jim if you still have parts. I sent you a message.
Thank You.

TROPHYSEDAN

Hi Jim.
Thank you for the response.
I will be getting in touch with you again really soon.
IMG_4876.JPG
IMG_4877.JPG

Looking forward to hearing your stories.
Seeing your treasures.
Thank You.

Hey,

Great pictures. Awesome to be running this beauty again.

I spent time around Bill Stroppe's shop in the late 60s and early 70s. I remember the AMCs parked outside along a fence line. I thought at that time how cool it would be to hang onto one of those. Hard to imagine it's been almost 50 years since.

Good luck.

Jeff

Bryan Racing

Hey Trophysedan. Thanks for posting the results of the 69 Baja 500 ( first Baja 500) In class 5 driving a Jeepster is Bryan-Patchen (Ladies),that would be my mom and her passenger Aletha Patchen.My mom drove the entire race.They lost their alternator just after Rancho Santa Inez and drove all night with flashlites until they got to Papa Fernandez where my dad and I were and dad fixed the problem.We then chased them to Ensenada in a Jeep cj-6 towing a GI trailer loaded with pit stuff.Came accross Mr. Herbst and Collins outside of valley T in in the dark,towed them to Ensenada with a chain hooked to the GI trailer.Seems like yesterday.

germancarsonly

Hey Trophysedan. Thanks for posting the results of the 69 Baja 500 ( first Baja 500) In class 5 driving a Jeepster is Bryan-Patchen (Ladies),that would be my mom and her passenger Aletha Patchen.My mom drove the entire race.They lost their alternator just after Rancho Santa Inez and drove all night with flashlites until they got to Papa Fernandez where my dad and I were and dad fixed the problem.We then chased them to Ensenada in a Jeep cj-6 towing a GI trailer loaded with pit stuff.Came accross Mr. Herbst and Collins outside of valley T in in the dark,towed them to Ensenada with a chain hooked to the GI trailer.Seems like yesterday.
It will be 50 years ago this coming June. True that race seems like yesterday, yet so many others are just a blur now.