• Forum membership has its advantages....

James Garner AMC for 2016 M1K

TROPHYSEDAN

How can I buy one. For my collection.

trailready

Anyone getting pumped?
90164CE6-798A-4793-B66C-78F62C989B5B.jpeg

trailready

Car is done. Build some spares now for unobtainable parts. Germancarsonly will remember this mod from his work 50 years ago. We made one more change, relocating the upper arm pivot point to correct the arm angle after the lift.
SpareUprights.JPG
SpareUprights.JPG

retroblazer

Wow, pretty amazing those spindly looking joints are OK for a desert race. Great build, keep those pictures coming

TROPHYSEDAN

Best of luck. Keep it going.

trailready

246FB03D-650F-4CE8-A7FC-F6C1A1CD5FE9.jpeg
Lined up for day two . Mexican 1000. Ran every mile of day one. Yukon Gear & Axle PSC Motorsports #trailreadylifestyle

trailready

Day 2 was awesome, ran both stages with zero issues.

trailready

0243775C-9736-4AAC-92A8-F61D3061195A.png
Day 3, Stage one, Larry and Carl in the car. It was the best stage of the race, averaging over 40 mph. Giving us a chance to attempt the longest stage of the event. The 209 mile run to Loreto. It wasn’t to be however as we lost brakes on the transit stage and turns out to be a master cylinder and we don’t have a spare. We took max penalty points for that stage and will try to find a part this morning and get back in the race today.

trailready

turned out to be the brake adjuster in one of the rear drums. All set to start today’s stage at 11:21.

trailready

For some reason I can no longer post. I’ll try the rest when we get home

LantanaTX

View attachment 201211Day 3, Stage one, Larry and Carl in the car. It was the best stage of the race, averaging over 40 mph. Giving us a chance to attempt the longest stage of the event. The 209 mile run to Loreto. It wasn’t to be however as we lost brakes on the transit stage and turns out to be a master cylinder and we don’t have a spare. We took max penalty points for that stage and will try to find a part this morning and get back in the race today.
My favorite picture from the entire race unless a picture of the VW Westy camper shows up launching 8 feet into the air ;)

Fourstroker

Cool car. We loved the special offset steel wheels.

trailready

Day 4,
F0456358-A3BD-44A2-A245-18D95AACC0BB.jpeg
Josh Allen is riding with me today, We ran flawless stage 1 and pitted and headed to stage 2, 180 miles. the Rambler has never completed stage 2 on day 4. We made it through the silt areas without issue and headed to the west coast. Then we got into some of the worst desert trails I’ve ever been on. In an effort to save the car for Thursday we were conservative. We got stuck in a sandy river crossing for an hour before Ned Bacon arrived on the Roxor and saved our day. We had moved the car about 80’ in four separate launches with the sand boards. Ned pulled us through, more later

trailready

After Ned got us moving again, we ran into a 30 mile stretch in which couldn’t go over 15 miles per hour. Easily the worst driving experience I’ve ever had. We new it would be close to cut off time at the end of stage so we push as hard as we could and got there with 10 minutes to spare. Never would have finished the stage if not Ned and his Roxor
A53147D3-734D-45D7-97AE-242AEAF67809.jpeg

trailready

581BB38E-6837-4D60-BE04-E6B89B7BD11E.jpeg

No issues on day 5. Here we are getting ready to start the final special of the rally.