jason priestly

Tom_Willis

Reaction
check this out: espn.go.com/abcsports/columns/arute_jack/2002/0813/1417383.html
"Jason and I had just completed an arrangement that would see us team up for this fall's Baja 1000 off-road race"
"Dude! I'm there" was the way Jason greeted my offer. "Lets do it!"

Hmmmmm.

poolman

Reaction
Kelly asked me to the prom!I'm so stoked.85308

Virtually Unlimited

MrBaja

Reaction
Greetings to All,

Perhaps it's important to set the record straight on this one to dispell any false rumors.

It's amazing how life works sometimes. The note in my good friend Jack Arute's column is unfortunately true. Together with Todd Clement Wide Open Baja, were in the final stages of finalizing the driving partnership of Jack Arute and Jason Priestly in one of the Wide Open "Ultimate Baja Challenge" cars. As you know, Jack graciously agreed to host the Petersen Museum's 1000 Miles to Glory night several years ago (flying all night on a red eye to do so), and we've talked about him returning to Baja for several years. Jack and I thought that Jason's participation would be fun for both, but would have been a great tie-in with ABC, the IRL and a host of great publicity opportunities for Wide Open and the SCORE Baja 1000.

From what we've learned today, Jason was ready to come to Baja. The good news is that he will return to racing, and we will be keeping a seat open for him if he chooses to return. We wish him all the best in his recovery

Happily, Jack is still very interested in making this year's race. Stay tuned...

Marty Fiolka
The Rennsport Group

ntsqd

Reaction
I'm confused. Well, right now I'm more confused than usual. When I read "jason priestly" I think of a brat pack tv actor. Same guy ? Seem to recall he (tv dude) did some oval racing with the stuntmen's league way back when Saugus was still open. Heard he sucked.

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

Paige

Reaction
It is the same guy and he was just involved in a very bad crash in KY and is in the hospital with major injuries.

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

Jimmy8

Reaction
He has also raced in a WRC event, SCCA Pro Rally, and a lot of road racing stuff. Not to mention he has qualified on the front row this year in the Infiniti Pro Series (The main feeder series to the IRL) against the likes of AJ Foyt's grandson, Arie Lyundyke's son, and quite a few drivers who have had stints in the IRL and Indy 500. Lets not forget the fact that the reason he crashed was because of some stuff they put on the track to soak up some oil. Doesn't sound like he is half bad of a driver if you ask me.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

Tom_Willis

Reaction
Who else are we likely to see in the Baja Challenge cars this year? How many completed cars are there? BTW it is just under 100 days to the start of the race. Thanks for the information.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I read that Jason was becoming one of the premiere drivers in the Infinite Series. I don't think that he sucked at all.

See ya in the dirt!

Paige

Reaction
Didn't he have the poll for last weekend's race?

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Yeah, that might have been a little harsh. I'll blame it on the media, He could have one 20 races last year and not a word, but one crash if your famous and your all over the news....
Nobody ever forgets your screwups, especially if the spectacular. Right Kreg?