Jason Voss threw a rock at me :'(

gcddarren

Reaction
at the 2008 night race in lucerne we were passed by john vaughn in the c and d truck...i think thats who it was my brother would know better than me...but when he passed us he threw up a rock about the size of a baseball and hit my brother right in the chest. it put a pretty good size bruise on him. we kept the rock and put in the garden.

baja619

Reaction
Stone spray sandwich completes any baja trip.

Aftermath

fabnahorse

Reaction
Haha! I got the Fiberwerx truck from the other side. That's Rob Mac's biggest fan in view. HA!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0vY_3zqSe8"]YouTube - Jason McNeil at the Baja 1000[/ame]

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
O.K.!!!!! Baja spectating 101, never stand or watch from the OUTSIDE of ANY corner!!!! Duh it not just for the dirt and rocks, If I ever miss,or over shoot a corner where I'm I???? Thats right your dead!!!!!Think before you drink .J/K.

BTW I've been there done that!!!! thats how I learned.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Yeah, with rock crawling or rock racing, you have to worry about getting hit with a flying boulder! I almost had a thousand pound boulder roll onto me from a crawler - more than once!

Stone spray is typical sack lunch for photogs at races! My worst is having a fist-sized dirt clod flung out FORWARDS 100 ft.from the front wheel of a Pro4 at Pomona 2007. That had me thinking I was going to be a cyclops for the rest of my life. Scary. I wore a Maxxis sticker over my eye for the next 2 days -- High Rev has the photo. I will go try to dig up the video I was shooting (never could bring myself to look at it when it happened).

All I can say is " desert racing is not for pussys bro!"

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Not to self......Never fill a hole with water and then stand there waiting to film people when Billy comes by........

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
Hi, RDC. I hope you like this video that I filmed the past Baja 500 at El Borrego (RM200).

I was filming the terribles herbst's pits when Jason Voss passed me by and left a present.
:D I guess that I was too close from the action.
The rock did actually hit my left arm.
YouTube - Jason Voss throws a rock at me :(
;)

Awe poracita. If you do this long enough you'll learn.. Your gonna get hit by rocks and crap almost every race. You just learn to limit it by how much and by what.

You don't want to get hit by something like this.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee130/achicoe/ACE_9801-1.jpg

When you have one of these wizz by your head and land 25-30ft behind you, you think twice about how good that shot is and what its worth.. LOL

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
roost is all apart of the game bro :eek:

TT rock spray is bad but the worst ive had was mud and rocks hit me in the face by a bike

herzeleid

Reaction
Damn!!! And I thought that my incident was something big. Haha, now that I see your pictures and videos... mine is nothing compared.
Hey, but Jason Voss is gonna give me a T-shirt!!! It was worth the hit!

Back to the subject; I'll be more careful next time... and I'll try to avoid rocks. This one hit me on the arm and I was almost crying... you can't tell by the video, because is not complete... but i felt on the ground, jajaja.

Now, check this out.

VOSS_MEDIA

Reaction
Damn!!! And I thought that my incident was something big. Haha, now that I see your pictures and videos... mine is nothing compared.
Hey, but Jason Voss is gonna give me a T-shirt!!! It was worth the hit!

Back to the subject; I'll be more careful next time... and I'll try to avoid rocks. This one hit me on the arm and I was almost crying... you can't tell by the video, because is not complete... but i felt on the ground, jajaja.

Now, check this out.

Please email us your name, shirt size & shipping address.

Thanks for the video footage............. Sorry about the rock, lol

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction
Please email us your name, shirt size & shipping address.

Thanks for the video footage............. Sorry about the rock, lol

cool gesture on your part. rep sent!