Jax Done

Goober

RDC Crypto
I’m surprised that this wasn’t mentioned sooner. Looks like Jax is done, going back to circle track. Any reason why?

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
It seems they are focused on Sprint car racing right now, good for them as its a blast.

Off-road TT racing is the hardest racing and least return. My Brother races Sprint cars and is shocked at what we spend on our spec truck. To race a sprint car is way less than a TT or Spec.

I think Jax is building his resume and experience to one day race in some series that actually pays. Some of the best paid race drivers have come from dirt.

But one thing I know about desert racing is its hard and will always bring you back. Talking to Jenson Button one time and he said Desert racing is a passion becasue its so hard. He said there are so many uncontrolled variables that you can't be perfect. It's like golf in that you can never have a perfect game. If you can always improve you don't want to give up. Its the drug with no end, until you are broke. LOL

I am sure Jax will be back at some level or never leave all together. That being said I am glad they came and played with us. It was fun to watch them.

Mike

TrailReady

ADVERTISER
RDC Crypto
Website
www.trbeadlocks.com
I've been racing on dirt off and on for 40 years, work a few miles from Skagit Speedway, make components for mini winged sprint cars and have had offers to drive 360 sprint (and yes, it is alarmingly cheap compared to my 50.00/mile low budget TT program)
I have zero desire to get in a 915hp lawn tractor with my elbows outside the cage and drive full throttle on tacky clay toward a 20' tall wall and try to make that corner without lifting.

stephenrjking

RDC Crypto
Was discussed in the classifieds thread last week, I think.

I concur with others: best guess is that there's an effort to develop a paid driving career. This is hardly unprecedented in off road racing.

Crusty Shellback

RDC Crypto
Rob Mac did it in off road.
But then again, he was winning an average of 10 races a year and racing almost every weekend.

Guess Jax cant make that kind of commitment.

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
If you want to be a professional driver it’s hard to do in desert racing. He’s kinda following the Hailie Deegan path. Most racers come from sprint cars or Karting on their way up. I’m happy that the family is so supportive of him and helping him reach his dreams. A lot of wealthy people show up for a bit, get bored and leave or the economy does something. Thinking about Harrahs, RPM to some degree, shoot Menzies had a huge team for a bit. I don’t even remember them all, look at the old stickers and posters at Mama’s or Mike’s To see the trail of “used to be here.” It happens all the time and some of us were wondering not too long ago when the Redlines would get out.
Jesse Jones has taken a pretty cool path with his son in Dakar, stoked on that and it’s fun to watch Robby and Max even though I’m not a huge RG fan.

Last edited:

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
If you want to be a professional driver it’s hard to do in desert racing. He’s kinda following the Hailie Deegan path. Most racers come from sprint cars or Karting on their way up. I’m happy that the family is so supportive of him and helping him reach his dreams. A lot of wealthy people show up for a bit, get bored and leave or the economy does something. Thinking about Harrahs, RPM to some degree, shoot Menzies had a huge team for a bit. I don’t even remember them all. Just look at the old stickers and posters at Mama’s or Mike’s. It happens all the time and some of us were wondering not too long ago when the Redlines would get out.
Hailie is doing alot of NASCAR lately, no? That pays well I'm sure!

10 shot

RDC Crypto
They buy and sell and build trucks like candy! He is not going anywhere. Probably building a 4wd getting rid of the other stuff. They have bought and sold more trucks , sxs and buggies than all the racers put together. There is always something for sale on here from them.