• Forum membership has its advantages....

Jay Leno to Race The 2017 Mint 400

Jay Leno to Race The 2017 Polaris RZR Mint 400 presented by BFGoodrich Tires
Former “Tonight Show” host brings Jay Leno's Garage to “The Great American Off-Road Race”

Jay Leno will be racing The 2017 Polaris RZR Mint 400 presented by BFGoodrich Tires in a nearly stock Camburg Engineering built Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro. An avid automotive enthusiast, Leno will start the race with Ryan Millen as his co-driver and then hand over driving duties to builder/racer Jerry Zaiden who will finish the race with off-road journalist Fred Williams as his co-driver.

After retiring from his perch atop the late-night TV ratings in 2014, comedian Jay Leno has more time to partake in one of his passions: collecting cars. That is the focus of his TV show "Jay Leno's Garage," which showcases the "Tonight Show" veteran's journey throughout America as he searches for unique rides and the stories behind them. Leno explores different aspects of automobiles, including the history of iconic brands, testing supercars, checking out the latest innovations, and even offering consumer advice. He also talks with fellow gearheads, including celebrities, to learn about their collections. Leno says cars, to him, are "kinetic artwork" -- rather than being stagnant, it is art that is "rolling down the highway”.

More info:

Chris Tobin

I think it is very cool that Jay Leno is going to get out there and race in the desert! I think it will be very good for the sport!!!

mattj112

looks like comb of drivers and co drivers with jay Leno and Fred from dirt every day on motor trend network

Jerry Zaiden

Looks like the Mint 400 is continuing to grow in great ways, well done Matt and crew!

Jay is a great guy and loves anything with an engine especially off-road. I had a great time with him showing him how to drive the truck and he picked it up quickly. He will be doing off-road racing a solid stay tuned!

J Prich

Looks like the Mint 400 is continuing to grow in great ways, well done Matt and crew!

Jay is a great guy and loves anything with an engine especially off-road. I had a great time with him showing him how to drive the truck and he picked it up quickly. He will be doing off-road racing a solid stay tuned!
Is he going to come hang out at the Camburg tent at tech?

Jerry, thank you for all your work on this. This is going to be huge for the sport. Media interest has skyrocketed since the announcement.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

pdailey

Racer

Looks like Jay needs a booster seat! I'm sure Fish has one he can borrow. :p