JD tube bender

1992f150

Reaction
Anyone know where I can either buy one or order one online? You can't order off their website, and I have emailed them with no response, and called twice again with no response. Im lookin to get the model 3 with degree ring, and a 1.5" die.
I am in the San Dimas area.

Thanks

Azusa: shame of the foothills

JOSH

Reaction
call Baja Concepts and ask for mike. he can get it for ya.

cleartoy

Reaction
Hey bro. It took me about 6 calls to JD2 to place my order. they either put me on hold or didnt answer.

I got my stuff from them with a 4 week back order.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

gary

Reaction
got mine from baja concepts, was back ordered a few weeks too....

singlehanded

Reaction
If your local just drive over to donahoe (in placentia) and buy a dezert tools bender. got mine for 275 and an 1.5 dies for about the same. Mine works awsome and you could go pick up dies the same day and not hassle with shipping ect.

local

sbro

Reaction
Does anyone know off hand the difference between the Desert Tool Econo Bender and the Sportsman models? Donahoe is closed today (Sun), and I might pick one up tomorrow if they are in stock. Thanks.

BradM

Reaction
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mtechsupply.com/>http://www.mtechsupply.com/</A>

The last time I called JD2 for a die, they referred me to M-tech for faster service of in stock products. I called them and they had an amazing selection in stock for immediate shipment.

motoxscott

Reaction
I've had pretty good luck myself going through JD2 direct. I had to wait about 4 weeks for the bender, but every die (4) I've ordered they had in stock and it shipped out the same day. I've always had someone pick up the phone and help me out, plus they've answered my emails fairly quickly.

I think ever since they brought their price down, demand has been great for them, so they are trying to keep up. I'm 100% satisfied with them and their products.

After seeing the bender Jerry @ Camburg sells, I'm starting a new tube bender fund.

-Scott

WeldnFab

Reaction
I've got the model 3 bender with the degree ring......from personal experience the degree ring is not worth the extra $$$ bucks they charge. Especially the cheesy magnet they send you for the pointer. Anyways, you could save the money on the degree ring and get another die set!! When I first bought mine for the shop it took 6 weeks on backorder. But that was a while ago.

cleartoy

Reaction
Im not satisfied with my JD bender. I can not always advance to the next tooth on the ratchet bar after a bend, without the aid of a crowbar. The more i use it, the easier it gets. I have grinded down the ratchet bar where the handle swings towards it and stops, and it has helped.

The quality of the bends is great though. No complaints there.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

BradM

Reaction
I would agree with that. It can be difficult to bend large diameter chromo tubing because the spring back is so great that the next ratchet position is hard to reach. The one we have is an old model 2 that we have had for about 10 years. If I used it all the time, I would step up to a production quality bender but I have no complaints about quality or service. He is right about the degree ring too. Save your money or buy more dies.