Jeep D30 Hub

Tim_Flahart

Reaction
I got the uprights for a ranger I'm building and the builder didn't do what I asked and put some stupid weld on snout instead of the D44 spindle bolt pattern like I asked. What I have been told is it's a D30 off a Jeep that was 5x5.5. Here are some pics and if you want more with measurements I can get them. The bearings look to be the same inner and outer and I do not have any more parts than what is pictured.So I know I will have to track down a seal of some sort for the outer bearing, and some spindle nuts that work.

Does anyone know what year(s) CJ's used this type of snout? I was told Juanco used the same setup on Looney racing's ranger. I have a call into him and the shop that built them.

Captain Air Time

Reaction
I'm no Heep guy, but that certainly resembles a 1987/88 Ford D44 TTB spindle. The ratcheting single lock nut is also a common 80s/90's Ford D44 TTB part (one I'm kind of fond of, actually)

I thought that Heep went from a full (long style) spindle to a unit bearing? THe back to back bearing/spindle setup I've only had the displeasure of dismantling on Ranger/Explorer TTB, and 87/88 D44 TTB.

A few pics of the FOrd stuff, can't remember where I got them...

spindle looks 99.9% like a match - can see where the flange was turned off...
Also note the spindle bearing still inside there after machining and welding :rolleyes:

Tech Tim

Reaction
I thought that Heep went from a full (long style) spindle to a unit bearing?
When they did that they aslo went to 5x4.5 like your Exploder. 5x5.5 would still be a traditional bearing'ed hub and spindle.