Jeep Speed Rules Update

jeff

Reaction
Well it looks like the Jeep Speed guys can't nerf anymore... bummer.

JeepSpeed vehicles can not be hit/ran into by any other vehicle during a race event, due to their bumpers. By the same tokin the JeepSpeed group MUST not hit/run into other race vehicles, due to their front bumpers. All or any violations may result in CRB and QD'ed.

Aloha

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Funny, Last MDR race I overheard several racers complain that the Jeepspeed guys were not pulling over to be passed despite repeated horn honking. Causing them to be slowed. They do this because they cannot be nerfed? Maybe. Whats next? No making dust around them?. It makes their trucks dirty? Thought they raced off road? I say make bumpers manditory. My $0.02

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Fab by travolta</font color=yellow>

jeff

Reaction
I thought it was a silly rule too. What's next indeed. I can understand where they are coming from but at the same time thinks it's unrealistic. I'm not sure which sanctioning bodies this rule pertains to. Are there any JeepSpeed guys or gals on RDC (the real RDC) that have any comments? Were that many Jeeps getting thrashed each race that this rule had to be created?

Aloha

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
At the awards at the Wild Wash last month one of the Jeep speed guys got up there and said that they just passed a rule that let them take out their back windows so they could see people coming better. I overheard some other jeep racers complaining on how their truck was smashed up because of nerfing.

If you ask me they should get some real bumpers on there!

Go Big Or Go Home

martininsocal

Reaction
what you guys have to realize is that the rules make it difficult to build decent rear bumpers for these cars. one of the concepts of this class is that the vehicles remain virtually stock looking to the public. they must run the rear hatch and it must open and close. getting a bumper to protect the hatch while allowing it to open would be making a bumber that sticks 3 feet out the rear! also, keeping the glass in the car is a sticking point and is finally being addresses. the class concept is cool and is getting more people racing. and remember, it is a race, not a destruction derby. if you think the folks in the jeeps are purposely holding other cars up, you are wrong, they are racing too, just at a different speed. it is the overtaking cars responsibility to pass safely. time is not an issue, you pass when it is safe, and that is not always immediately. ramming folks off the road should not be an option.

If your gonna go, go BIG

Jack

Reaction
It just so happens that it was not just body damage, the hit the guy took also tore up some trany stuff and ended his race, after he was leading the class for the first lap or two. Why is it that no one complains that the same rule is already in place for class 11? You just don't hit the cars that are not aloud to protect themselves.

tkr

Reaction
Because 11 cars get out of your way very quickly, often before I even can honk at them. Though the Jeep Speed guys were very good at moving over this last race...much better thatn last year.

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

Jack

Reaction
It will improve, you must also remember thast this is a first time race for a few of them, and they will not be used to somone being able to come up on them so quick, and are very worried about what is in front of them, but they will get better.

MikeLeung

Reaction
i raced against one of those Jeep speeds at the Whiplash Point to Point race last year. They started the Jeep with the 8's, in front of the 1600 cars. There were 20 + 1600 cars at this race....that poor bastard...by the time I reached him (within the first 2 miles) I just did'nt have the heart to hit him. This was even after he would not get out of the way, it was just that the back of his truck looked like it had just drove off a cliff. I just felt bad and waited for him to move.
Nerfing is part of racing, and DQing someone for that is wrong. Yes, it is a moral sin to hit a class 11, but these are trucks and should be able to take the hit. It should be that the Jeeps have to conform to the rules set for everybody and not everybody conforming to the Jeeps.

jimpat

Reaction
when i see a trophy truck come up behind me, i move over as fast as i can or i suffer the consequenses......
so should they if they do not move over. I would not nerf them at all unless they did not block for too long or they had no place to move over to. We are too heavy to hit smaller cars, so we make them sure we dont, as we understand the work that goes in fixing them and the cost. So hope others respect the way we drive and do the same. Bad enough when accidents happen
jim

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

martininsocal

Reaction
jim- you know how it is on the course, there are those who give the horn, give the love tap, then if you haven't moved by then, they move you. then there are those that just try to go through the middle of you with no warning whats so ever! and what some other racers need to understand is that there are places on the course where you can't get over right away. it isn't all flat sand with some bushes, the side hill just south of stoddard road behind slash x is a perfect example. a single track cut in the side of the hill for about a half mile. can't go up and don't want to roll down! but i have been nerfed hard up there by impatient folks more than once and i know you have too. nerfing is a very small (minute) part of racing, and when done right, there is no need to push anyone off the road, they will move. unfortunately, there are those out there who like to use the chrome horn first, last , and always. for those who don't race and think nerfing is what it is all about, let me know how you feel the next time someone rearends you on the 405 and totals your car.

If your gonna go, go BIG

frankh

Reaction
what the problem is that they ask not to be nerfed like the 11 cars then show up with big front bumpers so that they can nerf other people. It has to go both ways. Carolyn had fuel problems last race and was only able to go about half speed. 8-10 car passed her with no problems but two of the jeep speeded people saw there chance to hit someone and took it. Carolyn has raced the las two year with a front bumper that is hose clamped on and has never hit any one. But it will not be that way next race dq'ed or not.
Frank

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
I have to aggree with Martin`s post. People get a little rowdy with the nerfing sometimes. Some justified but alot is not. I have been nerfed before and we were as far off the track as we could be, by none other than Robbie Gordon. Took out the back end of our Class 5/16 and that ended our race and lost some points in the points chase. For the faster vehicals, use caution, slower guys, get out of the way, so we can all have fun safely....Peace

Speed Safely

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
For the JEEPSPEED racing, the rules are like a Class 11 vehicle (stock looking). So the real smart guys out there know "YOU" can't hit a Class 11 vehicle....a SCORE rules! Everyone basicly follows the SCORE rule book. You introduse a new class of vehicles like a JEEPSPEED and want to race in Rally's and off-road (MDR). Some of the drivers it's their first time out racing, they really don't know when or what to do when a faster vehicle come up.....almost like when PRO-truck first started. Cool truck, no brianer drivers THEN! NOW, they have some seat time and some drivers have changed classes to go PRO-truck.

Now, if JEEPSPEED puts bumpers on both ends of their vehicles.....I would open up this ruling. You may voice a opion......I like them in person though. END OF PROBLEM
I'm at all races (MDR, SCORE, SNORE) and in the TECH area.

See ya in the Desert
Art "The TECH DUDE" Savedra