Jeffries selling his TT?

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I just got this email from Tony Tellier

"Ok its true Damon Jefferies is selling his trophy truck to B.J. Baldwin. Damon is not going to race Vegas to Reno. He said that he's going to build a new class one car. We should be getting the truck next Friday. B.J.'s first race should be the Primm 300. He needs a lot of seat time to get ready for his debut. It should be interesting. His dad and him are going to race together. Ragland said he'd come up and go driving with them to help speed up the process. Baldwins are still going to keep the class one car to race snore races and such. It should be fun. Now we need a bigger shop. We're prepping four class one cars, one class 10 car, two trophy-trucks, one 1600 car, and 5 prerunner trucks."

Sounds like a done deal, can anyone confirm this?

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Yes, see Scott's post on 6/13 on the "Top Tips" thread.

It's going to be a great race!

Does anyone know how Larry and Chad are splitting the left seat miles?

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Wait, I thought Rob Herman owned the truck, not Jeffries? Does that mean the Rob's pulling out or does that mean that he is just switching to class one?

Reaction
The deal that Damen & Rob have is that when they do decide to part ways, Damen gets EVERYTHING. Pretty sweet deal for Damen. However this is the rumor I have continued to hear so I stand corrected if anyone knows more

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
If true, what was in it for Rob? Sounds like a pretty bad investment to me.

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
See Herman Motorsports offical response.

I personaly can't wait to see Damen race in Class One again. Do more races. Spank some booty in Baja.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Let's ponder the new car design:

Traditional or Truggy?
front, mid or rear engine?
V-8 or V-6?
Auto or Sequential Shift?
500hp, 600hp, 700hp?

martininsocal

Reaction
If I read their reasons correctly for switching classes, I would say Mid-engine V-6 with a sequential shift transmission(maybe a small V-8) It sounds like weight and its associated costs of maintenance are keeping them from doing more races. I also wonder where the motor is coming from...are there some factory dollars coming their way?

Ryno

Reaction
I can see a high HP , 6 speed, V drive driveline coming. I think the Herbst boys have had excellent success with the 6spd once all the bugs got worked out. Why not use a all aluminum V8? Why not use a V drive to put the weight balance in the right spots, so the car is balanced, nimble, and handles well?

desertracer

Reaction
I wonder if they want to build another car similar to what Damen had before the TT, think it was the porter that the McMillen have now. I know that car had IRS and a v8, what type of transmission did they run? If they wanted to go with a v-drive and a v8 they could just take the body off the TT and run 1. Like martin said it looks like they want to go the more "traditional" route. Just take a look at the cars that have been doing very well lately- ebberts, julson, mcmillen, anderson,myers- all with the classic buggy type cars. Just my ideas.

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
I've done both classes and the Trophy Truck is a great deal more time and money.I don't know why but a Trophy Truck takes at least 50-75 more hours to prep that a pro-dirt style class one.Because of the extra weight with the truck parts wear out much faster and their are more of them to replace.My class 1 car could run most drivetrain parts all season or a good part of it.For example every race I have the following drivetrain bills,v-drive,turbo 400,torque converter,drive shafts,and third member.Currently Danny Porter is finishing up a Truggy for me that will be a twin to the TT but about 750-1000 lbs. lighter and the aero package will be greatly improved,it should be the ticket but it still will be expensive to run as the parts are the same.

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
Austin,I'm not really sure what my short term plans are but long term I don't see myself keeping both of them.It's been a bit frustrating so far having so many problems that causes us to finish back in the pack but while she's running I've never had a better ride.Sometimes someone may make you an offer you can refuse but you better bring the Brinks truck.See ya at Primm in September.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Alright well let me know if you want to sell it and i'll see what I can come up with

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
That's the plan.I will have Tony B. design something up similiar to the TT.If you go to porterracecars.com there is a picture of the truggy in the racecar section.Thanks for all the great offers I will get back to you guys.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Whatever you do Steve get those bugs worked out and back up front. I am looking forward to a celebration with endless supply of Corona's. Henderson is really hot and a cold Corona(or 10) would hit the spot. I will bring the limes. You bring the beer and winning TT.