Jenkins in-car go pro crash footage!

Bridges

Senior Replay
Reaction
get ready...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxKAWAmmJlM"]YouTube - Crandon2 Tease 2[/ame]
:eek:

AND ENJOY!

M_Solms

Reaction
Great Video
I like the creative lines on the guardrail,lol.

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
Reaction
That was an awesome 50/50 grind on the barrier.

I want to know why he was full throttle into the fence though?

Did he really think he could save it at that point, or was the throttle stuck?

I hope the throttle was stuck.

BF_702

Reaction
HTML:

I was wondering the same thing? looks like he never let off the gas! Catch fence did it's job. Hats off to the track crew, had they not built a good strong fence the outcome of that crash would have been "not good".

RacinBob

Reaction
What is a amazing is how tough these trucks are.

After the race the Jenkins truck that hit the catch fence was towed back by the start line. The traxxis crew actually drove it back to their pits. Most of the damage was cosmetic. All 4 wheels were straight. The crew had so many questions about driving the truck back, they wrote a sign on it that said "Yes, this is the truck that hit the fence"

The Traxxis crew must be really busy this week. They are working on atleast four wrecked trucks. The Pro 2wd truck had a bad fire in the morning. The second Pro 4x4 was wreck in the accident on the inside of turn 1.

Scott Rehn

Reaction
Re: Anyone seen these..?

Where are they located?
Someone sent to my phone yesterday..

Palm trees and mountains gotta be so cal.
My guess is the 2nd one is off of 91 close to the exit where you would get off the freeway ( i think its main street exit ) if you were going to the Lucas Oil offices. lol lol lol

ProLite13

Reaction

Looks like he "freaked" out to me hit the gas instead of breaks (panic mode).:eek::eek:

DP3motorsports:cool:

3D of 3DCS

Reaction
In talking to him that night he basically said that after saving the bicycle, hitting the guardrail jarred him pretty good, but the main reason he hit the fence so hard is that he really had no time to react after jumping off of the corner there.

Slash01z

Reaction
From some of the angles it looks like he tried to hit the gaurd rail so he didn't fly into the pond. I reallly think if he would have hit the breaks as soon as he got the bicycle back down he would have stopped before the gaurd rail or atleast barely hitting the gaurd rail. The second wreck on the inside was caused by a veteran making a rookie mistake by slamming on the breaks thinking jenkins might come back across the track and causing a chain reaction behind him putting 5 others out of the race.