Jesse James sets speed record at Bonneville Salt Flats...

Chase 2

Reaction
FYI, El Mirage dry lake is not a slat flat, and is almost 700 miles from Bonneville.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Between JJ is a dead man and nitro circus my daring stupidity level is wayyy up.

Cameron

Reaction
FYI, El Mirage dry lake is not a slat flat, and is almost 700 miles from Bonneville.

I was thinking the salt flats would still be a little wet for any speed runs, unless it was in a hovercraft LOL.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Congrats on the new record, sucks he missed being part of the 200 mph club by 3/10th. I wonder how big the hydrogen fuel cell in the car is?

FABRICATOR

Reaction
Nice accomplishment.

Along with storage problems, no one seems to be finding much power with hydrogen in the common piston engine. A speed of 199 for a 572 BBC in a streamliner is kinda bleak. The BMW is also a fairly serious slug. It may be a while before there is a H-car in every driveway.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Nice accomplishment.

Along with storage problems, no one seems to be finding much power with hydrogen in the common piston engine. A speed of 199 for a 572 BBC in a streamliner is kinda bleak. The BMW is also a fairly serious slug. It may be a while before there is a H-car in every driveway.

Agreed, to have a 700+ hp engine not capable pushing the car over 200 mph is rather disappointing. Looking at the photo of JJ's car, I would say the aerodynamics leave alot to be desired.

Ohio State University did build a hydrogen/fuel cell streamliner which set the a class record at 286 mph last year. It had a similar power output though it used electric drive motors.

http://www.buckeyebullet.com/

TT#54

The Pope of Welding
Reaction
Agreed, to have a 700+ hp engine not capable pushing the car over 200 mph is rather disappointing. Looking at the photo of JJ's car, I would say the aerodynamics leave alot to be desired.

Ohio State University did build a hydrogen/fuel cell streamliner which set the a class record at 286 mph last year. It had a similar power output though it used electric drive motors.

http://www.buckeyebullet.com/

Fuel Cell=Gay That's just an Electric car......