• Forum membership has its advantages....

jesse james

Klaus

Administrator
did anyone else watch todays Discovery show " Motorcyle Mania 2" ?
Outside of WCC shop was a fiberglass fendered prerunner. I thought that was pretty cool.

DFT900

Yeah i just got done watching that. He can sure build some trick bikes. One day it would be nice to have one. How much do they go for anyone know??

Klaus

Administrator
i am sure now that Shaq and and that WWF dude order his bikes the price just went up. I personlay liked the showes (part 1 one 2), and I am sure Jesse is a way cool dude to hang out around....BUT my personlay favorite bikes are made by excile cyles in 818.

Klaus

Administrator
they updated the page today....;-) just for the show...
notice its way slow (busy)

dezdude

<font color="#800000"><b> RDC Photographer</b></fo
Just got done watching it. Those are some bad ass bikes. Yep saw the truck I bet he knows how to fab pretty good.

Klaus

Administrator
Imagine Jesse James/WCC building a $100+ prerunner or racetruck...ok time for sleep

fishd00d

What A Joke
Truck was a Toyota with dual 5100 bilsteins shocks and no corner lights because it was using 2WD fenders on a 4WD model and he didnt get the 2WD corner lights yet :)

They said it costs around 60,000 for him to build you a custom bike.

I thought that was pretty crazy how he bends the metal with his body just leaning against it! Man that would suck to do that all day heh.

Go Big Or Go Home

Gabe Lara

In one of those shows, they go into depth on his fab skills, and how he works metal the "old ways".
There was even a TNN Hot Rod episode where they show his Viper....Unlike any you will, or have ever seen. You want to see bad-a$$? Imagine his custom work on a car like that. Even some footage of him WFO going down Long Beach fwy......about 140+ mph......They had his "Camel" chopper at the last Motorcycle show in Long Beach. Truly talented guy.

Junior

I watched in awe. Way cool. Kind of funny however after boasting about the heads made from billet aircraft aluminum.........then soon after heading down the road the heads strip out causing them to install helicoils! (sp?)

Junior
EJR Racing #244

pjc

Chairman
Well...

Did you notice the back brace, kidney belt he was wearing on hs ride to South Dakota? Those bikes are "works of art and craftsmanship" but they suck on long rides. That "reaching forward" riding position with your legs kicked just as far forward, will kill your lower back.

Also, in one of the episodes, there was a clip of Jesse running through the gears hard on one of the bikes. The horrendous frame flex was evident to the naked eye on TV. I hope, that this is fixed.

As for "fun to party with". I'll pass.. Desert Racers know how to party just as much or more and tend to keep their witts about themselves, especially the folks directly involved with racing.

I rode Harleys for a long time, long before they were fashionable. I like the bikes a lot but, I don't care for bikers much, with the 1%'ers and the "rich urban biker wannabe yuppies" as the least favorite.

PJC (considering a new V-Rod and still looking for a good deal on a clean, low mileage XR-1000)

PJCinLV

Waldo

Safehouse
Pretty interesting! His Diablo chopper sells for $75,000. He made a comment about putting a $75,000 bike into a $15,000 truck to haul it to a photo shoot. Did anyone catch the pit bull incident? "Oh yeah, did you kill my other dog...huh...cute little guy...why did you do that, I liked that dog." Crazy way to raise your kids...Anyone check out his shark tank in the shop?

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Ryno

The shark tank was dope! As far as being a craftsman, he's the man. I don't know of anyone else handmaking the majority of the bikes. I also like the bullets in the wheels. Those are way cool. As far as the heads, He build 110+ cube motors. A standard harley is 88. So, your looking at a V-twin putting out more HP than a toyota. I'm sure the compression and cams are so radical it's scary.

Too, with the back brace, all his bikes are hardtail=no shocks in back. I've ridden a couple, my kidneys hurt for days after riding one about 30 miles. On the other hand, I wouldn't have traded the experience for much.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

pjc

Chairman
Actually a lot of the bikes have air suspension in the back. It looks like a hardtail but there is a pivot point and shocks hidden somewhere. I do believe that the bike he was riding to South Dakota had rear suspension.

Yes, the shark tank is cool!

PJCinLV

desertracer

I still can't believe after watching that show how much vision it takes to build one of those bikes. You don't know what it is going to look like until you start bending the tubes. It is truly an art.

Ryno

The motors are subbed/ outsourced. He does only the frames, and final assembly. But all the engineering, etc is done by him. I just can't imagine being in a bike with that much power...I have ridden a Fatboy with a 96" S&S, and it was scary fast. =) The motors he puts in his bikes are about 100-120". Some are even supercharged. I read an article once that with a blower, you can break the back tire loose @ 70mph. I wanna meet the guy that did that.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Greg

Its pretty hard to beat a good Jap bike for HP to weight. I bought my '90 GSXR for $4200 and it made 162 HP at the rear wheels (lots of motor work though). It could turn and stop too. Those bikes are pretty nice but $40+ G's. Let the crack pipe cool down a little.

Greg