Jim Beam to quit NASCAR

bpthirteen

Reaction
Jim Beam to quit NASCAR

One day after Jack Daniel's announced it was leaving NASCAR, Beam Global Spirits and Wine Inc., maker of Jim Beam bourbon, announced Tuesday it will not extend its sponsorship with Robby Gordon Motorsports beyond this season and will not return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2010.

The company says it plans to focus its marketing resources on other platforms.

Jack Daniel's announced Monday it would not extend its sponsorship with Richard Childress Racing's #07 team. Brown-Forman, Jack Daniel's parent company, and Beam entered NASCAR in 2005 when NASCAR lifted its sponsorship ban on distillers.

“It was a difficult decision to transition away from being a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team sponsor,” said Bill Newlands, president of Beam Global Spirits and Wine U.S.

“We always take a hard look at our marketing resources and how we can best interact with legal-purchase-age consumers. After an extensive review of our marketing strategy, we have come up with new alternatives to fuel growth for Jim Beam in 2010.”

The company will continue its sponsorship of the team and owner/driver Robby Gordon for the remainder of this season.

“Jim Beam has been a great partner for the past five years,” Gordon said. “I would like to thank them for their support through the years.

“They have been with me since we started the team in 2005, helping build our Cup team and aiding in its success.”

Mumzy

Reaction
dude the race is over and you are lining up to start.........sorry old news

jeff

Reaction
I don't follow NASCAR so this was news to me.

Aloha

michael_loomis

Reaction
Its all right there in the silly season thread. :)

I got ur back Mumz! :D

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction
Jim Beam to quit NASCAR

One day after Jack Daniel's announced it was leaving NASCAR, Beam Global Spirits and Wine Inc., maker of Jim Beam bourbon, announced Tuesday it will not extend its sponsorship with Robby Gordon Motorsports beyond this season and will not return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2010.

The company says it plans to focus its marketing resources on other platforms.

Jack Daniel's announced Monday it would not extend its sponsorship with Richard Childress Racing's #07 team. Brown-Forman, Jack Daniel's parent company, and Beam entered NASCAR in 2005 when NASCAR lifted its sponsorship ban on distillers.

“It was a difficult decision to transition away from being a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team sponsor,” said Bill Newlands, president of Beam Global Spirits and Wine U.S.

“We always take a hard look at our marketing resources and how we can best interact with legal-purchase-age consumers. After an extensive review of our marketing strategy, we have come up with new alternatives to fuel growth for Jim Beam in 2010.”

The company will continue its sponsorship of the team and owner/driver Robby Gordon for the remainder of this season.

“Jim Beam has been a great partner for the past five years,” Gordon said. “I would like to thank them for their support through the years.

“They have been with me since we started the team in 2005, helping build our Cup team and aiding in its success.
LMAO, I'm sorry to the die-hard Robby fans out there, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. Did I miss something??? Where is all the 'success'????

michael_loomis

Reaction
LMAO, I'm sorry to the die-hard Robby fans out there, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. Did I miss something??? Where is all the 'success'????
They are turning a profit arent they? seems to be funding his other racing endeavors quite well of it... It doesnt say NASCAR success!

DEZERTBOUND

Reaction
Screw Jim Beam their booze tastes like crap... It's about as smooth as 36 grit sandpaper. Thanks for the millions to our driver tho! LOL
....yea, its a little ruff. Ice cold is the only way I could put/keep it down. With JB and JD pulling their add money out of NASCAR are they getting ready for a price war? Will the new add's be poster's of bums on a bench?....Could my dream of Robby and Mickey's beer hooking up finally come true:rolleyes:

......PS I know green race cars, bad luck......

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
Who wants to take a bet that within the next 3 years we see a huge shift in large corporate marketing head into the X-Games or X-generation? Any takers?

DEZERTBOUND

Reaction
.....I have my best people on this getting Robby and Mickey's beer hooked up.
(drunk ass off-roaders inc). This would look cool on the hood of his car. To bad they are owned by Miller:(

Guess will just have to be happy with the mega bucks they send too the "Desert dirt dog racing":rolleyes:

Attachments

RG1Baja

Reaction
Bottom line is they were a great sponsor for Robby. But no worries, Robby pulls off sponsorship's.