Jimmy Johnson Trophy Truck

Fire1998

Heres a quick video of Jimmy Johnsons old trophy truck all restored. Hopefully he brings it back to the desert soon. Love that rear suspension!!! Was there any benifits to using this design? I think last TT to win with design was the Rick Johnson General Tire TT. That truck always looked so smooth!!! Where is the General Tire TT now?

Last edited:

Total Loss

delete-
Looked again and saw that was the coilover cantilever design...not the 1/4 elips.

Loved that truck.

jon coleman

i bet jj wished he had rain tires.was one of my Biggest fears solo driving, All alone& hurt, driving car 60% was my limit.jj ' s' lucky one'.i watched interview on this driving error& jj said it scared the #%÷$# outt'a him

D Bergstrom

Found the thread that I remembered from years ago about this truck, lots of History on "Butch", or I guess "Bart".

Doug

y2kbaja

That was a good thread.

bajaherbie

JJ just posted an Instagram video of his Darlington "throwback" paint scheme for this weekend...

Shows him driving the Nelson & Nelson truck and then pulling in a building where his stock car is with a matching paint job!

PBR Overall

The truck in the pic above and all the pics JJ is posting is Butch, the same truck Ragland drove until Arnold was built. My brother and I owned / raced the truck many years until JJ bought it from us to restore. His brother Jarit has spent the past 10 years restoring Butch back to "stock" race condition because we made some small mods including replacing the Rancho Lightning Rod shocks with Kings. During the restoration we helped Jarit find some Lightning rods which are on the truck now. And he also removed the motor we were running with a Shaver built motor who used to build the motors for Nelson & Nelson. Super cool to see Butch back up an running!!!!

desertracer

The truck in the pic above and all the pics JJ is posting is Butch, the same truck Ragland drove until Arnold was built. My brother and I owned / raced the truck many years until JJ bought it from us to restore. His brother Jarit has spent the past 10 years restoring Butch back to "stock" race condition because we made some small mods including replacing the Rancho Lightning Rod shocks with Kings. During the restoration we helped Jarit find some Lightning rods which are on the truck now. And he also removed the motor we were running with a Shaver built motor who used to build the motors for Nelson & Nelson. Super cool to see Butch back up an running!!!!
Few years back

Attachments

BajaFand

I watched about half of the replay of the NASCAR race yesterday because I was curious to see if they made any mention during the broadcast of Jimmies throwback scheme or a picture of Butch or anything as they were doing that for some other drivers. I didn’t see anything while I watched but Jimmie was in the lead pack all night until an accident collected him later in the race.