Jimmy Vasser on CART TV

MrBaja

Hi Everyone...

As a follow-up to last week's press announcement, the Groff Motorsports team did test with CART's Jimmy Vasser this week at Soggy Dry Lake in Lucerne Valley.

The test went exceptionally well, with Jimmy getting up to a good speed pretty quickly. He loved the BFGoodrich/Toyota-powered Jimco, but admitted he still had a ways to go before he felt totally comfortable driving over the whoops at 100+ mph. Maybe the best comment was that the car is every bit as much a race car as his CART Ford Lola.

In any case, we shot footage of Jimmy and forwarded the video to the producer at CART for Sunday's Denver Grand Prix on Speed TV. Be sure to watch to for it! 8br>
Marty Fiolka
The Rennsport Group

Donahoe

Keep up the good work Marty..... that kind of Marketing only does good things for the sport. When is the coffee table book comming out?

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

btshannon

I seem to remember something similar to this idea on a different thread (the future of desert racing thread). Different racecar driver, but similar idea. I'm glad that somebody was able to show everyone in TVland what we do out in the middle of nowhere. I'll be tuning in tomorrow. I hope that they show it. What network is airing the race anyway?

I've really got to get back to work now.

My own taste for the hops is very powerful, and I had no intention of spending a beerless weekend...

desertracer

I just saw the cilp of the Groff Jimco testing out at Lucerne. The showed Jimmy geting into the car and taking off and then going through some whoops at speed. I guess it is a good start for t.v. coverage.

MDR #112

MrBaja

Hey Kreg,

Thanks for the kind words. Bringing outside people into the off-road world we so enjoy is part of the overall objective for the Groff Motorsports/Rennsport Group plan. Watch this space for a couple new announcements next week.

Also, the book will be out in June, 2003 -- just in time for Father's Day.

Best,

Marty Fiolka
The Rennsport Group