Jobs?

Kyle

Reaction
Anyone have any luck with any employment site? I never have. Any job I've ever gotten has been word of mouth.

and yep you guessed it, I need a job.

So if anyone knows of anyone who knows of anyone who needs help, of almost any kind, please let me know.

putting a job section in the classifieds might be a cool idea too, since there's a board for everything else anyway.

Thank you in advance for any help/info,
Kyle Crampton

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
if its race related just drop it in the classifieds.
But I second your input on having a section specifily for employment ops.

KitRacer

Reaction
ORW in escondido has a front counter position available.

At baseball games they play organs, in motorsports they donate them.

1992f150

Reaction
I think those jobs would be filled fairly quickly...gee do I want to work at subway or build sand rails?

Azusa: shame of the foothills

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Where do you live, how far will you commute, and what can you do?

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

martininsocal

Reaction
If you are willing, the federal Gov't is hiring temporary positions to assist with the New Castle Chicken Virus problwm in Socal. They are hiring off the street, starts at 10.75 an hour with Overtime for anything over 8 hours in a day. They are hiring for runners(you drive around and deliver stuff, pick stuff up, etc...) and chicken killers(It is not as bad as you think, they have a mobile gas chamber, you just help with the loading and unloading, for some reason they are having problems filling these slots). I think the availability of overtime will be huge, they keep adding new chicken flocks to kill. There is an Incident Command post in Colton, I believe it is on Mt. Vernon south of the 10.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Kyle

Reaction
I'm located in Chino Hills, kinda 45 minutes from everywhere during normal traffic, seems like hours during rush.

I can do anything mechanical, some fab, mig & tig, prep, and pit/chase. That and I've done alot of different things, I'm a realtor, business development, marketing, pr, industrial/commercial construction and electrical, advertising, promotions. And right now I really feel like a jack of all trades, master of none, but I'm glad I've done alot of different things instead of just working at McDonald's for 7 years or something, even though if you worked at McD's for that long you'd probably be manager or have your own franchise.

I didn't want to turn this into a Kyle Crampton needs a job post, just more of a letting shops, teams, manufacturers, etc. know that there's a resource here when they are seeking help.

I've commuted to temecula and it took over an hour on good days, so north SD county is not an option. I'd end up killing the Subway managers around here, and I when I was doing electrical on a site at Woodland Duck Farm, I couldn't stand watching the duck killers, so I dont think I could participate in killing chickens, and I have a lease, so I'm not running up miles for the government.

I would like to thank all of you for your help, it's greatly appreciated.

sweetdevil

Reaction
As far as your original post about job websites and such... I think sites like Monster.com and such are too big, and end up mostly with work at home oppurtunities. I have had no luck seeking employees (or employers a while back) on the internet. I think the best way is still in the local newspaper. If an employer is posting an ad in the local newspaper, they're in immediate need of an employee, so you should be able to find something fast. I've also found that handing out resumes to places you know you would like to work at is a good idea also. I handed out resumes at Medical Offices all day, and just my luck, the office manager at one of these random offices was leaving in thirty days and they hadn't yet put an ad in the paper.
I'd recommend the newspaper, and faxing some resumes or making a few trips to some nearby shops that may be in need of an entry level employee.

<font color=red>Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over</font color=red>

factorX

Reaction
Hey Kyle I know my uncle is hiring, Not sure for what but thats always an option.
Lothringer Engineering 909-596-4076 Kent Lothringer

Off road race rental companion of the evening

Jordan

Reaction
I feel your pain. I have a job right now but I want out. I really want to get into the offroad/automotive industry somewhere. I have such a passion for it and with my education and experience I hope that soon I can find a good spot for me. I have my resume online here: JordansRealm.com

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Jordan and others-

Here is a great source for potential employment in the automotive/aftermarket industry-SEMA has a jobs available/jobs wanted area on their website.

Check it out!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.sema.org/classifieds/>http://www.sema.org/classifieds/</A>

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

desertratt

Reaction
if you can tig aluiminum we are taking apps. its for our night shift. 4:00pm to 12:00 am. mon-fri. some saturdays. pm me if you are interested.

drive fast and take chances!!

Kyle

Reaction
Thanks for the insight Jeff!

Sema site has alot of different stuff on there, wish I knew about it years ago.

And I've never welded aluminum, so I don't know if I can or can't.

I'm hitting some places around here again today, see what I can get goin.

Thanks again everyone.

poolman

Reaction
Martin Iv'e choked my chicken for years do I qualify,pm

Trophy Trailer #27T
Ragen Racing of Arizona

martininsocal

Reaction
Poolman- They don't want these things to breed, so if you are offering to work in the artificial insemination program, you will have to wait until France takes over the U.S.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG