Johnny Campbell

bpthirteen

Reaction
Johnny Campbell was injured at the Terrible 250. He was kept in the hospital with injuries to his back. Everybody say a prayer that Johnny is back soon.

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
"According to Honda personnel on hand at California Speedway for the AMA Superbike National, Team Honda off-road racer Johnny Campbell was injured yesterday in the Terrible Town 200 in Nevada.

Campbell crashed hard between pit one and pit two, breaking his right collarbone, right scapula and suffering a compression fracture in two vertebra. Campbell has no paralysis and no surgery was required, according to Honda."

----

Best wishes.

Ryno

Reaction
Honda is now 0-2. Anybody know if it has anything to do with the new CRF 450? Staab and Campbell are two of the worlds best off road riders...and both have gone down hard as of late. Looks like Team Green can step up. Best wishes to Campbell, Staab, and a speedy and safe recovery.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

choppekx

Reaction
Or maybee something to do with Nevada. Destry Abbott has also crashed hard there a few times, as well as a few others. I don't know if prerunning would help, but going those speeds blind cannot be safe. I realize there are lots of forms of racing were prerunning is not allowed, but most have much slower average speeds such as National H&H or hare scrambles. I also realize that BITD has there pre-fun runs, but cannot be done with race vehicles and are like a month before the race. A lot of things can change in a month in the desert.
I don't know for sure, but it sounded like they were on the 650 and not the 450 anyway. Can anybody confirm that. It is what they said on off-road.com anyway, they are usually pretty accurate.

Just a thought

Chris

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Racing in the desert without prerunning is simply insane. Ever the more skilled rider/pilot can run into problems running pretty much blind. The 2 honda riders accidents have happened at Nevada and both in BITD races. I hope the people at BITD change their policies and rules, otherwise we will continue seeing this type of misshaps.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Casey does an organized prerun for all of his races. Johnny was on the 650. Honda has some very talented riders. Steve Hengveld, Andy Grider and Danny "cactus balls" Cooper. They will do just fine while Johnny heals.

PJCinLV

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Actually BITD is marking courses in a diffferent way now. Everybody was giving props top the new course markings, so they Casey is doing a good thing to keep everybody safe.

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "

Jimmy8

Reaction
BITD has an organized pre run before every single one of its events. The exception this year will be the 1000. It would take too long to have an organized pre run for 1000 miles. The reason for not letting it be open for pre running for a month prior is the BLM. They will not allow it, but they will allow an organized controlled pre run in advance that is monitored, but I believe that Casey has to put up some bucks just to have this happen. When BITD runs there Mexico race later this year, it will be open for pre running as much as you want a month prior to the race I believe. It is not just BITD either, look at SCORE, do they have open pre running for their Nevada events? Nope. The only SCORE events with open pre running are the ones in Mexico which is what BITD is doing as well. I just want to add that BITD marks their courses better than any other promoter in my opinion. Casey puts in a lot of extra effort to make sure his courses are safe, and believe me, they are marked pretty well and are safe. I just got back from racing the TT 250. If you havent been on a BITD pre run, you are missing out. You should try and go. They are one heck of a good time and you meet a lot of really great people that a lot of the time you wouldnt get to meet otherwise.

Trophy Truck #15
Class 8 #8080
www.jimmybeaver.com

bpthirteen

Reaction
Talked to Jamie Campbell today. Johnny is home, already talking about next race.

JasonHutter

Reaction
That is great to hear! Thanks.