• Forum membership has its advantages....

Johnny Phillips/Class 8?

http://johnny.ngm.net/</A>

Where is Johnny Phillips website, the above is no longer active? Is he racing Class 8 these days? What happened to his v8 Jimco, I saw it at '00 Baja 500, it looked pretty hot. How do I reach him, is he stillin Arizona. Where is the website for NGM (an aerospace contracting compnay, I believe).

"Everything I had ever learned about air fighting [ auto racing ]taught me that the man who is
aggressive, who pushes a fight, is the pilot [ racer ] who is successful in combat and who has
the best opportunity for surviving battle and coming home. [ finishing 1st ]"
-- Major Robert S. Johnson, 56th Fighter Group ("Zemke's Wolfpack")
WWII, 27 victories, USAAF

"Go for the Gusto, Go for the Overall"
-- Robby Gordon, SCORE off-road champion

bubnel

from what i heard phillips sold the car well gave it away basically and john herder paid like half of what it was worth then sold it. i think john phillips jr is the one who got the ex collins truck

TimHayosh

The last I saw of that car was at the MDR Ridgecrest race. Kory Scheeler was driving it. As I was dumping what seemed to be 1000 gallons of fuel in it, I noticed the NGM valve covers on the V-4.

I also heard the rumour about JP having the Collins truck. (It was spotted heading this way [Phoenix] with a bunch of spares too.)

Josh_Westwood

There are two Johnny Phillips. A father and son (Sr. and Jr.). the Son sold his car to Yee. I don't know what the dad did with his Jimco and I'm not sure which has the old Collins 8 truck

The car I'm taliking about is the V8 powered (or was it a V4?), real throaty sound. I think the car was yellow, it was kinda high of the ground. It's no t his old Class 1 car.

If I wanted to play with a Class 1 "testbed" car, what chassis+motor would people recommend? Back 11 yrs ago, it was Porsche powered Raceco (Dave Kreisler, what happened to him?) or Porsche powered Chenowth. Is the Chenowth Millenium any good? IT certainly looks cool & high-tech. I know Jimco makes good stuff. Is Rev-Power still around? They would build type 4 motors, for only the top racers.

I saw a buggy built by an engineer (used AutoCad, to design A-arms, print out templates, & paste them over metal, & cut to size), at the San Felipe 250. It had a v8 motor, with auto-transmission. He had a devil of a time getting it licensed (OHV, street legal). I'd like to do something similar. Has anyone gotten a Class 1 pre-runner licensed as a street legal OHV?

"I was designed to come in 1st, not 2nd"
-- Ayrton Senna

gearhead

The car I'm taliking about is the V8 powered (or was it a V4?), real throaty sound. I think the car was yellow, it was kinda high of the ground. It's no t his old Class 1 car.

If I wanted to play with a Class 1 "testbed" car, what chassis+motor would people recommend? Back 11 yrs ago, it was Porsche powered Raceco (Dave Kreisler, what happened to him?) or Porsche powered Chenowth. Is the Chenowth Millenium any good? IT certainly looks cool & high-tech. I know Jimco makes good stuff. Is Rev-Power still around? They would build type 4 motors, for only the top racers.

I saw a buggy built by an engineer (used AutoCad, to design A-arms, print out templates, & paste them over metal, & cut to size), at the San Felipe 250. It had a v8 motor, with auto-transmission. He had a devil of a time getting it licensed (OHV, street legal). I'd like to do something similar. Has anyone gotten a Class 1 pre-runner licensed as a street legal OHV?

"I was designed to come in 1st, not 2nd"
-- Ayrton Senna

Dude ,where you been ? Just get outta jail or wake up from a coma ? Welcome back !

philmc12

He made them for Jimco. Definately alot of thought and work into them. He was really good. From a drawing by hand to finished product in no time. He was also the other part of J&J wheels. Johnny & Jesse Jones