Johnson Racing 2016 Parker 425 heli footage

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Link no worky....

Zac Reish

Reaction
That was awesome. Who is this guy and how long has he been racing and in what classes.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Jake Johnson, he's been around for a little while, racing with the Jacinto team a few years back, now bought his own car and doing well. He also races with Bob Lawrence at NORRA in Bob's replica Malcolm Smith/Bud Feldkamp Funco.

Last edited:

dhardesty

Reaction
Car packing a little in the rear. Great footage!

offroadracer516

Reaction
Ex Class 10 champs from back in the day. From what I understand they used to RULE the class and desert. Not a surprise they are running up front at every race they enter.

harleys dad

Reaction
At rage at the river this guy showed a class 1 car can run with the very best TTs, he flat hauled butt and was very impressive to watch. Dont know what happened at Parker but given a clean run there is hardly a TT that will put him down. All I hear is how class 1 cant run with TTs, this guy must not have got the memo

harleys dad

Reaction
Ex Class 10 champs from back in the day. From what I understand they used to RULE the class and desert. Not a surprise they are running up front at every race they enter.
I think that was his dad and grand dad the old goat. A chip off the old block for sure

Zac Reish

Reaction
That's cool. Definitely seems to push hard every where. So basically he came out of no where and drove for jacinto and now runs his own car. He's got to have some background to run a pace like that or he's just a natural bad ass.

little-E

Reaction
Great video. Jake is a great guy and he is very Fast. They came from Larry Jacinto racing and I believe from Bud Feldkamp racing before that. The ESM car is top notch and is definitely a TT killer, as long as everything goes smoothly. He plans on Racing all the main stream races.
Good eye DHardesty, I noticed the rear packing a little as well, but didn't seem to hold him back any. Car was running flawless, until they lost a Power Steering pump, (Cause unknown). Look for these guys to be top runners in the races to come.

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Reaction
LOL Zac, not gonna get you any free fab work! Pretty rad video for sure.

LantanaTX

Reaction
I was at the 425 as one of Jake's many volunteers. He qualified 6th overall as was physically 3rd be the end of the first lap and 2nd on time. He was doing great until a power steering pump failure. This isn't an unlimited funds effort so the pit that he was able to limp into wasn't a pit with a spare pump. Dave Tilton had to make an hour plus trip from Main pit with a new pump to get him back in the race.

I was at a few of the races when Jacinto owned the car and saw Jake drive a few times and thought he was smooth, fast and easy on the equipment. This led me to asking him to drive our 40 year old class 1 car at NORRA. He did an incredible job which included running top ten overall stages. This was pretty impressive when you consider Jake was driving a 1975 buggy with STOCK VW suspension powered by a back up 1776 VW type 1 engine that Malcolm Smith loaned us and the top 10 included modern TT's, the Gordini and modern class1 cars.

Jake is definetly someone to keep an eye on. He doesn't seem to know that TT's are supposed to be faster. Jake's car and our vintage NORRA racer are both prepped by Dave Tilton. Dave is the only one who has ever touched either car and does a great job as well.

tooltime

Reaction
I noticed the rear too. It definitely will hold the rear down for better handling. Maybe just a tick too much rebound. I liked it though, kept the rear down. Thanks for sharing the video and good luck!

JJ LJR

Reaction
Good morning all. I thought I would get on here to clear a few things up. First off thank you all very much for the kind words. We are just a little race team trying to play with the big boys.

I started racing as a co-dawg with Steve Raskett in March 2007 and we raced for Larry Jacinto Racing in the Feldkamp Penhall class 1 car. Halfway through 2007 Larry Jacinto contacted Porter which is now ES Motorsports and ordered a new 2008 Class 1. I moved from the passenger seat to sharing drive time with Steve Raskett for 2008, 2009 & 2010 with LJR. The economy hit us hard and 2010 would be our last full year of racing. LJR car sat for a few years and I brought the car back out to race the Mint 400 in 2012, that would be the last race for the car under LJR. In the mean time I have continued to race with Baldi Racing in there class 1 car and have raced for a few other teams in Baja for the 500 and 1000. Most recently I was the co-dawg with Josh Daniel in Lalo Laguna TT RPM #17 and finished 3rd overall in the 2015 Baja 1000.

We purchased the race car from Larry Jacinto in Oct of 2014 and we only raced a few races last year (Mint 400, Blue Water Challenge and RATR). Any race that I was not racing our car in with BITD I was with Baldi Racing. I also raced NORRA last year with Bob Lawrence in 2015 and I look forward to doing it again in 2016.

Dave Tilton preps our car and he was the only one to prep it when Larry Jacinto owned the car. I have all the faith in the world knowing I can push this class 1 to the limit once Dave is done with his prep. The car handles good and Dave's prep in top notch.

The 2016 Parker 425 was turning out to be a great race for us, as we were running up front with the big boys. A driver error, coming into a corner to fast at 90 mph sliding sideways with steering fully locked for approx. 150 feet took out the power steering pump and put us a few hours behind. We were able to fix the problem and finish 6th in class.
We did feel and notice the rear of the car packing, but didn't slow us down much. That problem will be fixed before our next race. Oversight on my part!!

Our plan is to race some of the premier races this year as long as our Budget allows us to. Our next scheduled race is the Mint 400 in March and then we will go from there to see what we can do next. I would like to Thank all of our family and friends that help us make it to these races.

I would also like to thank our sponsors that help us out: Johnson Racing, Merlin Johnson Construction, Baldi Racing, High Performance Helicopters, Ultra Wheel Company, Baja Designs, Axis Rod Ends, Lucas Oil, Amber Racing Service, F&L Fuel, Toyo Tires, Kroyer Racing Engines, Jamar Brakes, Hostyle, Power Steering Solutions, Dinosaur Tire, Johnny's Tacos, Fire Etc, PCI Radios, ES Motorsports, ProAm, King Shocks, KarTek Off Road, Robby Gordon Off Road and John Hoffman Motorsports. Without all of you, this would not be possible.

P.S. - My Dad and granddad did Not race. I'm the first member of our family to get the great opportunity to race off road. We spent a lot of time in the desert as I was growing up, but racing was just a dream that finally came true in 2007 thanks to Larry Jacinto.

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Reaction
Always rootin' for ya, even if I'm racing against you guys!

harleys dad

Reaction
thanks for clearing up your history, I thought you were the son or grand son of the old goat Orris and Jerome Johnson but now know your not. Orris and Jerome won just about everywhere they raced in the 1970s in 1200cc 2 seat class 10 and you talk about hauling azz. Good job