• Forum membership has its advantages....

Johnson Valley Shared Use Area Public Meeting

PSWPete

It does not seem as though the Save the Desert section gets much attention so I will leave this here. For those that live in Southern California that might be interested in attending.

From the Marines 29 Palms External Affairs page

Johnson Valley

"Representatives from the Marine Corps and the Bureau of Land Management will co-host a Resource Management Group meeting on Saturday April 14, 2018. The purpose of the meeting is to answer any questions the public may have on the Johnson Valley Shared Use Area. All members of the public are welcome to attend.

The meeting will be held at the Lucerne Valley Community Center located at 33187 Highway 247 East, Lucerne Valley, CA 92356 from 10 a.m. to 11:00 a.m."

Shouldn't such be offered online nowadays?

What percentage of SoCal off road resource users will be anywhere near Lucerne Valley?

"Ask me no questions, I'll tell no lies." :(

PSWPete

I will be making my way out to the meeting Saturday. I have inquired numerous times about a kmz or usr file of the boundary lines so I can load it into my GPS. The answers have ranged from "You will need to contact the Marines" to "We are still working to figure it out." I have tried to reach out to the Marines several times with no success. It would be nice if they plan on offering the GPS files to the general public because the phone app they offer is horrible and just manages to drain your battery.

"We are doing everything possible under the law."

BLT4BJA

I will be making my way out to the meeting Saturday. I have inquired numerous times about a kmz or usr file of the boundary lines so I can load it into my GPS. The answers have ranged from "You will need to contact the Marines" to "We are still working to figure it out." I have tried to reach out to the Marines several times with no success. It would be nice if they plan on offering the GPS files to the general public because the phone app they offer is horrible and just manages to drain your battery.
I have the file your looking for! I’ve been useing it for D37 races. PM me

Zac Reish

Just go out on a busy weekend. When you trespass they will find you. Be nice to them when you get caught or it could be expensive.