• Forum membership has its advantages....

Join the Fight

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I have noticed a disturbing trend. As I look over the general discussion board I notice that posts regarding races, pre-runners, trivia, collector items, etc receive thousands of views and up to several pages of replies, but paiges' post got only one reply and less than 100 views. Whether you acknowledge it or not, our right to use open land has been and continues to be seriously threatened. If we continue to ignore these issues we will be reading posts regarding how fun it used to be to take our pre-runners to the races! I urge all of you to take the time to read through the "save the desert" board on this sight. There are several ways to get involved, and it does'nt take much time. We need to stand up as a group and let the politicians know how we feel. Now is a good time to get involved!

BIG_FAT_LOSER

and just a reminder, Bring a trash bags with you EVERY TIME you go to the dez. Stuff them behind your seat. Little things can make a differance. GET INVOLVED, WRITE LETTERS, Visit the SAVE THE DESERT page. 5 minutes a week can make a world of diferance as to whether OUR lands stay open or are closed.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>

rdc

I agree 100% Jeremy. I have something for people to do. There is a important meeting on Sept. 8th in Desert Hot Springs. This is not far away for a good portoin of the people on this board. It is a DAC meeting on the NECO and NEMO draft plans. We need people to show up in numbers!!!! Klaus, John can we try to organize a RDC outing????

DON'T LEAVE IT UP TO THE OTHER GUY TO DO SOMETHING!!! THE OTHER GUY IS YOU!

Are we going to let some pansy a$$ tree hugers close our public lands? If you ask me the answer is HELL NO!!! So join the fight and lets kick some butt!

Tony

rdc

Here is the meeting info. Thanks Paige!

Next Meeting Date: September 7, 2001, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm & September 8, 2001, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: Miracle Springs Hotel and Spa, 10625 Palm Dr., Desert Hot Springs, CA
Agenda Items: Field Tour - Sept 7, Formal business session - Sept. 8

The field trips are usually for the surrounding areas. The meetings begin promptly at 8am

Tony

Paige

Thanks for that post Jeremy - and I have to say I agree...Klaus has given us our own section to keep the string seperate - please do check what we are up to - all of us give an extrodinary amount of our personal time to keep evryone informed and if everyone could use the tools that we try and provide - our community will make one hell of an impact.

Also - I will be at the DAC meeting with Tony and Operation Clean Desert is set to take place again October 20, 2001. Please everyone make the effort to come out and clean!

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

rdc

Paige - I for one am extremely appreciative of your efforts! We all should be so inspired. You can count on my family and I to be @ operation desert clean. If there is anything I can do, please contact me. Thanks again - jsl

RacnCPA

ffjerm, THANKS for bring this issue to light with those that may have not known enough about all of what is going on. There are more of us working behind the scenes than you may know, but like Tigger said, everyone has a tendency to wait for the other guy to handle it. There is no other guy, just us. Anyone that wants to continue to use our deserts, MUST participate in whatever way, however small, or hopefully on a larger basis, or we will lose the war. Pretty simple. I've been helping with the fight since the Phantom Duck of the Desert days, so I for one have always known of this war and have always been involved in the battles along the way. Keep posting and keep letting everyone know, THEY CAN HELP and any capacity helps take the burden off of those doing the bulk of the work. JUST DO IT!!

Sc

rdc

For anyone who is able to go, the BLM field tour that is going to take place in Desert Hot Springs on Sept 7th, will begin at 7:30 am at Miracle Springs Hotel and Spa, 10625 Palm Dr. If you can make it out for the field tour that would be great. It is very important that we get big numbers to the meeting on Saturday the 8th. Please plan on attending.

Tony

rdc

Just wanted to remind everyone about the DAC meeting this Saturday in Desert Hot Springs. We need you to show up!!! Please make plans to attend.

Tony