"Jolene" my 2000 GMC Pre-Runner Project

This thread gives me hope to one day to have built the truck i want to build. I already have the truck but im gonna need to get something else to drive and be out of school and making better money before i really get into the good stuff.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

streamline

What a great looking prerunner! So cool to see a build from start to finish! Just skimmed over the thread but I look forward to going back and looking at more detail.

GoodGuyMC13

What a great looking prerunner! So cool to see a build from start to finish! Just skimmed over the thread but I look forward to going back and looking at more detail.
Thanks for the compliment!! I am following yours, going to be great!! We have the same A/C brand. I think we also have a mutual friend..Steve Krieger. I used to race a class 8 with him in the early 90s. He's the one who set the seed for this whole Jolene project.....

goofballracer

PAT DAILEY #1 FAN
I passed you in the opposite direction in a rzr and almost broke my neck. Me and my co pilot yelled thats the truck from rdc!

streamline

Thanks for the compliment!! I am following yours, going to be great!! We have the same A/C brand. I think we also have a mutual friend..Steve Krieger. I used to race a class 8 with him in the early 90s. He's the one who set the seed for this whole Jolene project.....
Of course! Steve is a good friend and now I am putting it all together. He has told me about you and your truck. I am looking forward to seeing it in person. I just hope I get my truck finished before Steve moves on with his.

How do you like your AC system so far? I know that has been at the top of Steve's list to get working better on his truck.

GoodGuyMC13

Of course! Steve is a good friend and now I am putting it all together. He has told me about you and your truck. I am looking forward to seeing it in person. I just hope I get my truck finished before Steve moves on with his.

How do you like your AC system so far? I know that has been at the top of Steve's list to get working better on his truck.
I hope moving on isn't a hint of Kieger selling that thing!! I am just arriving to the party!

For A/C, I have the smaller Vapir. We just ran it in 85deg weather and it was great! During street testing in 100deg it was also adequate but maybe not chilly. I think the system has a slight draw when powered off but I haven't verified that so consider this when wiring. I tapped the back of the vents for 10-32 studs so i could secure them down. I think the hot-rodders just rely on interference fit and silicone. I also build a cradle under the unit to help keep the housing from busting apart. Otherwise, I think it's a pretty top notch system.

streamline

I hope moving on isn't a hint of Kieger selling that thing!! I am just arriving to the party!

For A/C, I have the smaller Vapir. We just ran it in 85deg weather and it was great! During street testing in 100deg it was also adequate but maybe not chilly. I think the system has a slight draw when powered off but I haven't verified that so consider this when wiring. I tapped the back of the vents for 10-32 studs so i could secure them down. I think the hot-rodders just rely on interference fit and silicone. I also build a cradle under the unit to help keep the housing from busting apart. Otherwise, I think it's a pretty top notch system.
I don't get notified and I am rarely on RDC anymore.

I doubt Steve will ever sell his prerunner but my luck by the time I am finished he will!

Thanks for the AC info. I have only looked at the stuff when I first purchased and now its all tucked away sitting in the box.