JT Holmes (Holmes Racing) on 60 Minutes

randy s

he sure is clear about what will happen in a worse case scenario. wow. awesome sound when he went by. i think i'll hang out on the ground myself . that is very cool though.

FOURTH STREET

Looks like he's going to be on the last segment.

TNT race photo

watching it know ,Ive posted about this before, these guys are nuts, didnt know one of are own did it, :eek:

BGRANT

i didn't know Shane McConkey passed away. that sucks.
Outside magazine had a big article on him a couple of months back. His mom is a local around here and he had a lot of friends in PC. It is an inherint risk to what they do but it sure is sad when it happens.

BoothPacific Films

Outside magazine had a big article on him a couple of months back. His mom is a local around here and he had a lot of friends in PC. It is an inherint risk to what they do but it sure is sad when it happens.
sorry for getting off-topic but i think JT would approve if we say as few things about his good friend.

i used to make snowboard videos for a living back in the '90s. before it was cool to be a skier again. Shane McConkey was one of the guys who made that happen. He and his buddies like JT saved the ski industry. He died trying to save a friend. A true hero if you ask me.

WickedGravityVideo

[Shane McConkey .....He and his buddies like JT saved the ski industry. He died trying to save a friend. A true hero if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

You confuse me ... I don't understand what you are saying. Who died saving someone? I think you are confused. SC and his buddies did not save the ski industry.

BoothPacific Films

You confuse me ... I don't understand what you are saying. Who died saving someone? I think you are confused. SC and his buddies did not save the ski industry.
You're right. Coombs died trying to get to his friend. i crossed them up. This whole thing is kinda unsettling to me. Foo, Chesser, Kelly, Coombs, McConkey, Lusk. I know there are more. I hope they are all having a blast together.

The reason i said he saved the ski industry is because it gave kids, who were heading towards snowboarding in a big way, something to get stoked on and to not be ashamed at putting skis on. There were a bunch of guys who can take credit for that but McConkey, a big mountain guy, was at the forefront of making skiing cool again.