July 28, 2019 - MORE Fireworks 250 Unlimited Shootout - $25,000-$50,000 Winner Take All Purse

Jeffers909

Reaction
F250 Logo.jpg

$25,000 Minimum Winner Take All Open Shootout

The Fireworks 250 Unlimited Shootout is an open class, 250 mile "WINNER TAKE ALL" race. This race will

follow the KC HiLites Midnight Special starting at 7 am Sunday morning. There are only 50 entry spots

available for this race and there will be a 25 entry minimum or the race will be cancelled. To hold an entry

position you must pay a $1000 deposit by July 6. If the 25 entry minimum is not met by this date the race

will be cancelled and all deposits will be refunded in full. Qualifying for starting positions will take place

Saturday, July 27. The race will start Sunday, July 28 at 7 am on a 60 mile loop for 4 laps total. The race

winner will take home $1000 per vehicle entered resulting in a minimum $25,000 payback with the

potential of a $50,000 "WINNER TAKE ALL" purse.

$3000 Entry Fee

Entry Form-----------Entry List------------Membership Form

Schedule of Events

Friday, July 26
  • Open PreRun 50 mph Speed Limit
  • 10 mph Speed Limit at road crossings
  • 8-10 pm Unlimited Shootout TECH/Registration - Outlets at Barstow

Saturday, July 27
  • 6 am Mandatory Drivers Meeting
  • 6:30-9am Qualifying (4 Mile Loop)
  • 6pm-1am MORE/SNORE KC HiLites Midnight Special (Same 60 mile course, opportunity for full speed pre-run)

Sunday, July 28
  • 6:40 am Race Staging
  • 7:00 am Race Start
  • 2 :00 pm Race End

Course Info
  • 60 Mile Course - 4 Laps - Stoddard Valley OHV - Barstow, CA
  • Start/Finish @ Outlet Center
  • 1 Remote Pit - MM 20
  • Main Pit can be accessed from MM 40 for unplanned repairs.
  • Race Map Preview

Last edited:

Wendell #527

Reaction
Wow! Very creative schedule, hope turnout is good enough for the shootout to happen. The July race out there is always brutal sitting around in the heat waiting for the start. This sounds like a great weekend though. One year we rented a hotel room in Outlet Center and it was a bunch of us banded racers sitting in the pool watching the lightning. Sounds stupid but it was pretty cool.

Jeffers909

Reaction
Just to be clear, this is an open race, no classes. Trophy trucks, unlimited cars, 6100's, 10 cars... any vehicle that passes tech can race. $1000 per entry is paid back to the winner. Class 10's have a long history of over all wins in Barstow, and this 60 mile loop will be no exception. You won't find any multi-mile long straightaways full of high speed whoops on this course... 48 spots left

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
If you get 49 we will be your 50th. Best of luck as I really hope it works out. Thanks

Zac Reish

Reaction
Cody don’t ask stupid questions. they like to spend more money entering any blade in the desert or mad media race just to win pennies and say they won the most publicized race not the one that pays the best.

I literally can’t think of one reason why a top team wouldn’t enter this race. Except they don’t want to be embarrassed by a local bad ass in a real powerful buggy.

MAC56

Reaction
I believe you should research Mr Sourapas as he is an overall winner of the Baja 1000 in a class 10 car with a small vw motor. Nothing anyone could do at any race would embarrass him or his team as they always bring their best game. When someone calls any offroad race series in a demeaning manner to me it shows a lack of experience. Barstow, Las Vegas, Arizona, Baja or Peru racing is intense and challenging. The cost of racing a TT anywhere is significant so the money alone is not the draw. How an event fits in the schedule for a season, other commitments outside of racing factor significantly. I’m sure if we try hard to be objective other reasons might become apparent.

BajaFand

Reaction
Cody don’t ask stupid questions. they like to spend more money entering any blade in the desert or mad media race just to win pennies and say they won the most publicized race not the one that pays the best.

I literally can’t think of one reason why a top team wouldn’t enter this race. Except they don’t want to be embarrassed by a local bad ass in a real powerful buggy.
Insulting the best racers in the sport is a sure fire way to get them to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Zac Reish

Reaction
I guess I could see him taking it as an insult but I doubt he did or really cares what I said. It wasn’t a insult it’s a fact though. Lighten up guys. My Post was more to shine a light on Cody doing something really cool and unique where anyone has a real shot at winning legit money. Also Steve already said he would if 49 others showed. That’s like saying “Yeah Cody I’ll come over if Your parties a rager otherwise probably not”. He could have stated we’re in so it draws other legit racers to this race. If only 25 no names show up then Steves sons will have any easy time waxing the competition. What’s the harm in that? It would be the biggest prize money they’ve won in desert racing recently I bet that. Maybe ever.

I can just see the posters above thinking. Oh my god did this nobody just say something to a Baja 1000 champion? Not on my watch!! Listen here son!

I’ve raced all over so I know the glitz and glamor is just that. It doesn’t make the race any different. It’s still racing just way more expensive.

Cody, And Dave cole are trying to make a big win legitimately compensate the racers again which is the way it should be. Races like the Mint are the exact opposite. A 100 mile lap, Glitz and glam super high entry and what is the payback for the winners per entry? Literally asking because I don’t know. If it’s $1,000 like Cody is saying I’d be very surprised. I’d be surprised if it’s $500.

On another tangent.

Cody should charge admission like Dave cole as well but I doubt he will. I bet Dave will get $30k in added money from people who are new comers to koh just to watch TT and more from others who are there just because this will be the biggest koh event ever and they don’t want to miss out. I’ll gladly pay to support his no bs effort. I want to support racers (Cody from “MORE” and Dave “KOH”) putting on a bad ass hardcore race for other racers like Cody and Dave are. I hope Other orgs take note and see that the racers are the attraction and the racers are what pay their bills. Why not give a nice chunk of that back for winning. I also think second and third shouldn’t get any payback maybe just a trophy. I really like that these are a winner take all. Giving the 1st and 2nd loser money is lame. I’ve been 2nd and 3rd many times and it’s not enough to matter. I’d rather see the guy who smoked me and the rest of us get it all!

Kudo’s to Cody at More and Dave cole koh for doing this for the racers who are out to win big.

CodyParkhouse

Reaction
Ahh I misunderstood. I’m not sure the breakdown for the mint but I’m guessing it is along the same lines as Parker. Professional Classes: Total Fee = $2200 (Entry Fee $1900, Class Point Fund $50, Payback $250)

Zac Reish

Reaction
For the record I bet the fees are staggering for blm, labor, equipment operators, and insurance for BITD. $2,200 seems fair to me. Shoot it would be a hell of a lot more enticing if they raised their entry fee to $3,500 and gave $1,500 per to the winner of each class.

g.out racing

Reaction
If Cody can get some help and get a team to help him reach out and get some sponsor money which 100% goes to purse on top of his payout % he has laid out currently, as well charging spectators and letting the spectators know that this is also going into the purse and not in the promoters pocket, besides what percentage BLM will want from it of course, but i believe every spectator would be glad to donate to the purse if they know its going to the racers and they get to watch a epic race in Barstow CA where there are great spectating areas and a challenging fun desert race course for the racers with multiple passing lanes everywhere on course. Its time to make change in this sport. I guarantee racers want to win money and great chance of getting prize money closer to $100,000...

Jeffers909

Reaction
Just a little comparison...

Parker : Payback is 11% of the entry fee.

Mint 400 : Payback is 7% of the entry fee. (Assuming same $250 is held for the purse, entry fee $3500)

MORE races: Payback ranges from 20-25% of the entry fee depending on class.

MORE Freedom 250: Payback is 33% of the entry fee.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Don't confuse them with numbers. I already did that in another thread.

Steve_Sourapas

Reaction
I guess I could see him taking it as an insult but I doubt he did or really cares what I said. It wasn’t a insult it’s a fact though. Lighten up guys. My Post was more to shine a light on Cody doing something really cool and unique where anyone has a real shot at winning legit money. Also Steve already said he would if 49 others showed. That’s like saying “Yeah Cody I’ll come over if Your parties a rager otherwise probably not”. He could have stated we’re in so it draws other legit racers to this race. If only 25 no names show up then Steves sons will have any easy time waxing the competition. What’s the harm in that? It would be the biggest prize money they’ve won in desert racing recently I bet that. Maybe ever.

I can just see the posters above thinking. Oh my god did this nobody just say something to a Baja 1000 champion? Not on my watch!! Listen here son!

I’ve raced all over so I know the glitz and glamor is just that. It doesn’t make the race any different. It’s still racing just way more expensive.

Cody, And Dave cole are trying to make a big win legitimately compensate the racers again which is the way it should be. Races like the Mint are the exact opposite. A 100 mile lap, Glitz and glam super high entry and what is the payback for the winners per entry? Literally asking because I don’t know. If it’s $1,000 like Cody is saying I’d be very surprised. I’d be surprised if it’s $500.

On another tangent.

Cody should charge admission like Dave cole as well but I doubt he will. I bet Dave will get $30k in added money from people who are new comers to koh just to watch TT and more from others who are there just because this will be the biggest koh event ever and they don’t want to miss out. I’ll gladly pay to support his no bs effort. I want to support racers (Cody from “MORE” and Dave “KOH”) putting on a bad ass hardcore race for other racers like Cody and Dave are. I hope Other orgs take note and see that the racers are the attraction and the racers are what pay their bills. Why not give a nice chunk of that back for winning. I also think second and third shouldn’t get any payback maybe just a trophy. I really like that these are a winner take all. Giving the 1st and 2nd loser money is lame. I’ve been 2nd and 3rd many times and it’s not enough to matter. I’d rather see the guy who smoked me and the rest of us get it all!

Kudo’s to Cody at More and Dave cole koh for doing this for the racers who are out to win big.
Not insulted at all. We have raced a More race and we found it to be a positive experience. Their are so many factors our team considers on what races we will run in any specific year. I hope More is able to get enough interest so the event is a success.

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
4454 registered for the big purse race.

Seems like the perfect place to break in the new Rock Donkey Racing IFS car. If not it is alot of fun to drive past desert cars in a solid axle car too

#thereal4wd

Lol

In all seriousness....well done Cody and MORE