Jump Contest Videos Are Up!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I got a TON of videos from the jump contest up!

Check them out:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/photo/jumpchamps.htm>http://www.pencilart.com/photo/jumpchamps.htm</A>

Go Big Or Go Home

motoxscott

Reaction
I think I've watched the videos of James Hall truck way too many times so far.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

After doing that a few times there is like literaly 2 feet of dirt inside the General.

I am going to need like 20 vaccum bags to get it all out. Anyone got any other ideas?
Also anyone know any good cleaning products that get dirt out of the seats?

Also is their any kind of plexy glass that will not just brake when a rock hits it that I can use for the front windshield?

Go Big Or Go Home

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Never use plexi glass for a windshield. Just like you said, it will break. Use Lexan, you can bend it in half and it will not crack. We used it for light box signs at the sign shop I just quit. It is more expensive though.
Check with Tap Plastics or your local sign shop.

curtis

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Check with MGM plastics in San Marcos. They've got Lexan.

"Quality has No Fear of Time"

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Cool yea thats what I was looking for I wasent sure what its called.

Thanks for the info guys!

Go Big Or Go Home

84toy

Reaction
At OSH they sell up to a 3'x6' sheet. Its about 70 bucks

Jason

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
how would that material do on a street truck, and would it be legal?

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
If it doesn't have a DOT stamp on it technically it's not street legal. This goes for turn signals and stianless briaded brake lines you get at earl's. Cops usually don't biatch about the small stuff like the lines but they might about the windshield....

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
is there any other material that would hold up to rocks, yet would not be suspicious on the road?

BeastlyFord

Reaction
I remember seeing an article in FourWheeler or 4wheel and Offroad a couple of years ago about stuff called SpeedGlass that wont shatter or scratch. They used it as a windshield for an old Jeep flatfender. I'll search through all of my old issues and see if I can find more info on it.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Fish...go use the vaccuums at a self serve car wash, so you don't ruin your own vac....as for cleaners...I've found a great cleaner at costco, called "Oil Eater", eats great on everything, including upolstery.
Jaron

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Only problem is that the car dont drive hehehe so I can't get it to the carwash, oh well I think my Vaccum has a 5 year warrenty or something.

Next time I goto Costco I will look for Oil Eater.

Go Big Or Go Home

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Greased lightning also works bitchin. I use it to clean my engine. The external lubrication system gets overwhelming sometimes

Duct tape is like the Force.It has a light side and a dark side,and it holds the universe together.

BeastlyFord

Reaction
I found the article, it is in the May 2001 issue of Petersen's 4wheel and Offroad. The stuff is called Percy's Speedglass and it was originally used in Nascars. It is made of a polycarbonate and it is scratch resistant, rock resistant and shatterproof. However it is not DOT approved. Here are some websites about it, sorry that they aren't clickable but I am computer retarded.
http://www.off-road.com/jeep/reviews/percys/
http://www.percyshp.com

jeff

Reaction
The "Speedglass" is NOT cheap. Plan on spending at least $300 bucks for a basic flat windshield made of that stuff. To get something that actually fit the "General" (meaning curved) would be $500 bucks or more. I've purchased large sheets of lexan at home improvement stores before... some of them have a cool demo where you get to beat the hell out of the stuff with a small sledgehammer. I whacked the heck out of the lexan with extreme prejudice and it didn't even flinch. I'm sure dirt and mud would eventually scratch it all up... but it's cheap. The reason most of this stuff isn't DOT approved is because they couldn't afford to pay for all the testing to get it certified. Windshields do two things... keep stuff from flying in while driving and to keep passengers from flying out while crashing.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Yea the General is total budget so I will just be going with the Lexan, at my home depot they have a baseball and hammer you can try and brake it with!

Go Big Or Go Home

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Is that what happened to your baseball?

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
how do you get a flat sheet of lexan to fit over your curved front window?