just a question

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
this is to all the people out there who hava a dirtbike or other toy the used to put in the bed of there truck. I just got my bedcage, bumper, and tire mount made up and now i have no where to put my dirtbike. What did all you other moto heads out there do when you had your bed cage fabbed up.
Just though id pose the question to all you out there

mxjeremy

Reaction
I've been concerned about this same problem for a while now. I don't have a bedcage or even a shock tower yet, so I haven't actually done this, but I saw an orange ranger with a full on 4 link and bed cage on beach blvd last week, and he had bought some extra loading ramps, cut them where they went by the cage's bars, and fabbed up some mounts to bolt them on the cage. The bikes will now sit higher in the bed than before, but as long as your truck isn't too high already, and you have light bikes (no xr650's here), they didn't look to hard to load. I was going to look into getting some motorcycle trailer rails, because they look like they would hold the tires of the bike in a bit better than the ramps.
late.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
you could use removable tube(s) for the center braces, something that would unbolt, or use the billet tube clamp things that camburg has on their website.
Jaron

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Just make the center removable for bike hauling...VW exhaust flanges work good for that and they are cheap.

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Three rail trailers are cheap (100-300 bucks) in the recycler! I had one when I didn't have a bed in my truck.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Gabe Lara

Reaction
If you incorporate a hitch reciever into the bumper, they do sell bike hauling attachments as well.
(You'll see them on the back of RV's alot.)
From entire gutter-style for the tires, to the ones that clamp onto the bottom of your bike frame.

-Gabe

Jack

Reaction
I know it looks cool to have the bars running all over the place and cut up your bed, but it can be done smart and leave room for stuff. I am going to make a tire carrier for the bed kinda like a light bar but down tubes going to the bed rails (with some reanfocements) that will hold a tire on each side bejind the cab leaving the tailgate open. When I ge to the point of needing longer shock for more travel in the rear, I will run two bars as you would four the lower outside bars of a four link then mount the shocks remote on this tbe and for the top I will extend the wheel wells inside the bed foward to the cab freeing up space underneth to keep the shocks out of the bed. Should be able to get 14" at the wheel easy. And still have a usable bed with just a little space used, which is overcome by using a bed extender on the tailgate.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Had the same problem with My yota And the barge (bronco). Made a bike hualer that goes in the receiver. Also carries My spare and gas cans on the party barge. There are a couple places advertising prefab ones in the parts trader.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I got some nuts for the eco's.

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

mustafa

Reaction
Can you reconfigure your tire mount so that it sits vertically? That would free up a lot of room. The easiest alternative would be to add a receiver hitch and get a bike
carrier.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
well i have two spares anfd they are vertically mounted so i decided to just get a reciever welded in now i have to get the bike carrier thing what about the stability of the carrier anyone hear of anything like the bike falling off? here is a pic of my set up as of now check it out tell me what ya think about it

Kbach66

Reaction
For a good bike carrier that fits in the receiver....check out the Spectrum Innovations bike carrier. It's made of aluminum, and holds the bike well. Their website is www.spectruminnovations.biz
I think they're about $200

mustafa

Reaction
I have a Joe Hauler carrier and it's very well built, but you have to place a shim in between the receiver and the hitch. Otherwise, there's a lot of slop. For a truck without
a shell that wouldn't be much of a problem though.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.