Just a question.

dave

Reaction
Ok guys and gals .
I know a lot of people don't look at the Game/ Rc car model section. So I hope I'm not out
of line posting over here.
Also this is not a Span deal . I'm just asking to see if this is worth a damn.
I have a chance to get stuff made in OFF ROAD MODEL FORM , wheels tires , parts , You
name it. It's not a kit but parts I'm think of maybe getting a booth at a race with this kind
of stuff to sell . Do you think it would be worth my time and $$ ? We would like to make a TT
model kit ( I believe we can do it ) but for know do you think people would buy stuff to try
a hand at a model of there owen with the parts I could supply ?
Any advise would be great .

Thank you all .

Dave

NORCALf150

Reaction
dave, i would be very interested ive always done models and never had the crafty parts to build a nice offroad truck or car i think its a good idea

dave

Reaction
Thank you. We would hope to have a full on kit , but for know I was thinking maybe tires , wheels
shocks ( stickers ) fenders , rearends , motors and what not. The people would have to buy
a kit ( same kits sold at your local hobby store or wal-mart ) the only thing is now they would
have cool parts to add to the stock kits. I can't count how much Import toys and models our
coming out and so very little off road stuff. I'd just like to open the doors for our sport a little
more . Thanks for your Imput it means alot.

Dave

tim_krueger

Reaction
i dont know if id be any good at it but id love to try to put together a cool off road model even if it was half custom
keep us posted on when things become available

tedmales

Reaction
i would buy lots, i like to build models, but they usually look like one of yours if you put it in the oven for 4 hours then ran it over with a truck, but i keep on trying. i would love to build cooler models than what the local walmart has. i am in if you put out a kit.

blazersracing

Reaction
Dave, I would buy at least 3 or 4 of those kits. I have built 20 or so models in my time and I have also modified a few to make them Trophy Trucks. I used the Snake Bite monster truck to make into the old Duralast class8 turned TT. I always used the platic trees that the parts were molded to to make 4-links and I-beams. I think it is a great idea and I would support you all the way.

hxckidd

Reaction
there is no way in hell i am creative enough to bust out crazy offroad models without a kit. But i would buy a offroad truck kit in a second for sure.

dave

Reaction
WOW ! Thanks guys for all the replies !! I'm glad we still have people who dig models Thats great !
Well Here's 2 pic's of the 1st Buggie and mini/midsize truck tires Matt ( the resin god ) did . You can see how well he did at getting the detail into this tire. For a kit I will have to build a whole model then cut it into moldable parts . He's going to make little stuff right now so that people could make an easy prerunner and or race truck for starters. I will keep you all posted as he finishes up the parts I send him .
Ideas are welcome.

Thanks again .

Dave

Attachments

JeffS

Reaction
I've tried to do some offroad models and bending your own 'tubing' is pretty fun... especially if you are trying to mock up your own truck to build for real. I've done some ranger frame rails and tested some suspension ideas too.... to get to the point ... It would be AWESOME to be able to take the next step and get some realistic tires and fenders to make the full model. Count me IN !

and thanks for all the inspiration... I have been watching the games/models forum and your work is excellent.

EQuin

Reaction
Hey Dave,

I love building models. But I'm not talented or creative enough to build a race/prerunner truck unless it's in a kit form. I would definitely buy a kit from you if you offered it. Only thing is, I'm in Texas. Would you be willing to take orders from out of state? Of course, I'd be more than willing to pay the cost of shipping.

Take care,

Bryan_D

Reaction
I was thinking the same thing, I am in AZ and would love to build some kits if they are available to the out of staters. The tires are amazing looking. Do you have to worry about BFG and licencing issues since it is there tire? Keep us informed on the progress.

dave

Reaction
Shipping wouldn't be a problem. Tires and name brand stuff is a issue. From what I was told you can mold anything you want as long as you DON'T SELL them ???? I guess if we sell, lets say a kit you get a set of tires free ???
I really don't know I mean if any huge company has that big of a deal over somthing that is so little and limited It's not like we will fill stores or anything like that.
Also the tire has not got any names on the side so it should be fine ? But for know I'm just getting feed back from everyone . I will do my best to get something going .

Thanks Dave

gary

Reaction
i'd give it a try, dave. i havent built a model for years, but there's a japan only model, a tacoma double cab at my local hobby place, that's beggin to be prerunnered out...

martininsocal

Reaction
Dave- Unless the tire says BFG on it, I don't think you will have a trademark issue. Besides, I didn't think BFG when I saw the tread, I was thinking the old Gators from years ago that were real popular. I think they were Winstons. It would be cool to get real looking stuff. I have done a couple custom builds from old Tonkas, buddy-L's etc...and it would be great to have stuff that doesn't look like it came from the balloon tired RC crowd.

Junior

Reaction
Dave that would be so cool. I can picture it now..... Modelman with a booth at the ORE between Hanneman or Trailer Products and the Fox or SAW guys. Modelman's booth would be selling the same stuff, coilovers, buldged and flared fenders etc., except tiny. What a trip. I don't have any patience and my fingers are fat and clumsy but I would give it a try If I had cool parts like that. I assume you are talking about a guy buying a model kit for lets say a stock F-150 at the store then using your parts to trick it out? I'm down with that, it would be dope.

Junior
(working on my SoCal lingo)

Attachments

dave

Reaction
LMAO.......Now thats funny.
Yep Jr thats the idea. You would be able to take a stock model kit a glue the add ons to it. Plus we would also have the kits and everything you would need to do a prerunner or race truck model.

JeffS

Reaction
Like 4130 Polystyrene tubing and a tiny little hydrolic bender?
LOL.