• Forum membership has its advantages....

Just Announced: Toyota Signs B.J. Baldwin!

Slippery P

He's also 3 times stronger than he looks.

Bajabro1

Statement taken from OffRoad.com in reference to BJ Baldwin's and Toyota's partnership:

Baldwin will formally be unveiled at the AMA Supercross finale in Las Vegas this Saturday as the new “Ironman” for Toyota, which has just signed Baldwin to a multi-year sponsorship. Baldwin will field a Tundra TRD Pro Trophy Truck this year in both SCORE International and Best in the Desert races.

Announcing BJ as the new "Ironman" for Toyota Racing Development is a huge honor to fufill and live by. Ivan Stewart was a legend and a class act in the sport. What are your thoughts about BJ? Can he continue Ivan's legacy?

My note to BJ:

Some of us are doubting you and some of us are hopeful for you. How are you going to prove it to all of us that you CAN take on the "Ironman" name?

Last edited:

sb4pro

Statement taken from OffRoad.com in reference to BJ Baldwin's and Toyota's partnership:

Baldwin will formally be unveiled at the AMA Supercross finale in Las Vegas this Saturday as the new “Ironman” for Toyota, which has just signed Baldwin to a multi-year sponsorship. Baldwin will field a Tundra TRD Pro Trophy Truck this year in both SCORE International and Best in the Desert races.

Announcing BJ as the new "Ironman" for Toyota Racing Development is a huge honor to fufill and live by. Ivan Stewart was a legend and a class act in the sport. What are your thoughts about BJ? Can he continue Ivan's legacy?

My note to BJ:

Some of us are doubting you and some of us are hopeful for you. How are you going to prove it to all of us that you CAN take on the "Ironman" name?
I like BJ and think he's a great racer , but he will NEVER be Ivan .

bajadreamer

They'll never be another Iron Man... Even when you try to give yourself the nickname .... Narcissistic Man suits him better... But he seems to be good at the job and living the dream so I guess the jokes on me

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Dezertpilot

Why is everyone so hung up on the Ironman or his name? Times have changed, I bet Toyota's plan is much different today than it was when Ivan was the man. So I expect things to be different in BJ's program versus when Ivan was Toyota's main guy.

Dezertpilot

Is he going to use TRD engines? if so, any ideas on which one?
Maybe a version of the Nascar engine? Or will Toyota let BJ run his current drive train package, or a whole new motor? I guess it all depends on how much money Toyota wants to inject into off road.

Dezertpilot

JCAraiza

I cant stand people being jelaous...I dont like BJ as a person and I support Tavo but BJ IS AN IRONMAN, he has done it twice, and you have tp give the guy the credit he deserves, or tell me, whos commenting here that has done what he has?

Anyway... It will be great if TRD gets involved and develops something witj BJs team, camt wait to see the opportunities this will give to him and tje rest of racers.

What do I know about off roading if im just a class 12 racer born in Baja... haha

Sent from my SM-J700M using Tapatalk

JCAraiza

Maybe a version of the Nascar engine? Or will Toyota let BJ run his current drive train package, or a whole new motor? I guess it all depends on how much money Toyota wants to inject into off road.
I gues toyota has already something in the making, I dont think BJ running a chevy will do for toyota's srandards, whatever money hes getting from them im pretty sure is bigger money than Method's offer (just an exmple, no pun intended).

Sent from my SM-J700M using Tapatalk

Dezertpilot

My point is Ivan didnt have a copilot when he earned the title.. It's IronMAN, singular

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Maybe I'm missing it but all the articles that I read BJ didn't refer to himself as "The Ironman". So what's your hang up? You sound like another jealous hater to me.

Why is everyone so hung up on the Ironman or his name? Times have changed, I bet Toyota's plan is much different today than it was when Ivan was the man. So I expect things to be different in BJ's program versus when Ivan was Toyota's main guy.
"Was"? Ivan still IS the man.

And he earned that name by driving every mile by himself. NO co-driver like BJ has. Ivan did it all by himself. If he got a flat, he changed it. He didn't sit and rest while his co-driver changed it. If the truck had a problem, he fixed it, not the guy that prepped the truck sitting next to him. Ivan raced every mile alone. And Ivan won.

THAT is what made him the Ironman. The closest thing now is the guys on bikes that solo the race.

A tummy ache? So ef'ing what. HTFU and go race. I doubt Toyota is gonna be happy they put all this support into a guy and he pulls out of a race because he has cramps or he blows another transmission on the beach. Or he has a tummy ache because he blew a transmission.

Point is, there is only ONE Ironman and there will only ever be ONE Ironman.