• Forum membership has its advantages....

Just Announced: Toyota Signs B.J. Baldwin!

Dezertpilot

"Was"? Ivan still IS the man.

And he earned that name by driving every mile by himself. NO co-driver like BJ has. Ivan did it all by himself. If he got a flat, he changed it. He didn't sit and rest while his co-driver changed it. If the truck had a problem, he fixed it, not the guy that prepped the truck sitting next to him. Ivan raced every mile alone. And Ivan won.

THAT is what made him the Ironman. The closest thing now is the guys on bikes that solo the race.

A tummy ache? So ef'ing what. HTFU and go race. I doubt Toyota is gonna be happy they put all this support into a guy and he pulls out of a race because he has cramps or he blows another transmission on the beach. Or he has a tummy ache because he blew a transmission.

Point is, there is only ONE Ironman and there will only ever be ONE Ironman.
Once again, WHY ARE YOU STUCK ON THE IRONMAN?!? Where has BJ said he was the next Ironman?!?!?!

CMA GUMBY

Statement taken from OffRoad.com in reference to BJ Baldwin's and Toyota's partnership:

Baldwin will formally be unveiled at the AMA Supercross finale in Las Vegas this Saturday as the new “Ironman” for Toyota, which has just signed Baldwin to a multi-year sponsorship. Baldwin will field a Tundra TRD Pro Trophy Truck this year in both SCORE International and Best in the Desert races.

Announcing BJ as the new "Ironman" for Toyota Racing Development is a huge honor to fufill and live by. Ivan Stewart was a legend and a class act in the sport. What are your thoughts about BJ? Can he continue Ivan's legacy?

Kyle D

I can tell you this. Win, lose or draw......people......the general population that doesn't follow off road racing, they know who BJ Baldwin is. He is a huge name in off road racing as he's had the big sponsors, done the media time and won some pretty big races (Baja 1000 is big isn't it? ) Inconsistency is a big problem but I would imagine that somewhere through THEIR decision to sign a driver Toyota has probably considered everything that being talked about right here. The only thing I will take away from Toyota here is they are trying to label him the new Ironman. That isn't just a nickname. It means something to an off road racer. It's not just a comic character and my guess is that's what got lost in translation. Just my .02 on this. I'm happy there's another big manufacturer showing interest in off road racing again. I'm not a Toyota fan and I won't run out and buy one cause of it but I bet someone somewhere does. I hope it goes very well for all parties involved in this new business partnership they have joined into.

GBRACER

oh my god what a bunch of jealous drama queens
the guy simply rocks it and you cant stand it
Ivan is a legend and they are taking nothing away from that.
BJ is also a legend in his own era.
so what if he ran with no co dog was his choice
times have changed if you are not running 110% all the time you are not going to be competitive in TT
It is a sprint race these days and the one that does not break wins.
There are mant drivers that have done well and will be remembered amoung them BJ
Totota is using all the marketing tools available to sell product nothing more

Borracho Cantina

A lot of parody right now in TT. Still need a lot of luck & almost trouble free run to win in Baja because there are so many FAST TT's now.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

FAT ROB !

Picture 33.png

B.J. Baldwin was on ABC Network TV last Saturday afternoon in a X-Games produced show. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Picture 31.png

The part I saw was about Kyle Leduc catching Big Air at the dunes. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Way to go BJ on scoring Toyota as a Sponsor !

John Bitting

Administrator
View attachment 169079

B.J. Baldwin was on ABC Network TV last Saturday afternoon in a X-Games produced show. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

View attachment 169080

The part I saw was about Kyle Leduc catching Big Air at the dunes. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Way to go BJ on scoring Toyota as a Sponsor !
That was the making of Doonies, good show. It was cool to see BMoore doing his thing with all the big dudes from multiple disciplines.

bajafox

Accepted
Maybe I'm missing it but all the articles that I read BJ didn't refer to himself as "The Ironman". So what's your hang up? You sound like another jealous hater to me.
The only BJ you know is the one from social media, the real life BJ is a POS. No jealousy here, I just happen to know a side of BJ most of you don't know.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Dezertpilot

The only BJ you know is the one from social media, the real life BJ is a POS. No jealousy here, I just happen to know a side of BJ most of you don't know.

I'm not talking about his personal life, but you two definitely are focused on that aspect. Let's just get over that and be stoked that Toyota is back spending $ at the TT level.

bajafox

Accepted
I'm not talking about his personal life, but you two definitely are focused on that aspect. Let's just get over that and be stoked that Toyota is back spending $ at the TT level.
You still missed the part where he was referenced as the new "Ironman" and the real Ironman didnt have a copilot. Unless BJ solos and wins the 1000 in a single seater TT he's just another TT driver that won the 1000, no Ironman.

stewwalker

My question is, what will he be prerunning in? If I was Toyota I would want him in a tundra prerunner, not his Blazer or Chevy.

JDDurfey

The first time I met Mr. Ironman, I was pre-running on my bike and caught up to him. He was driving a near stock Land Cruiser to pre-run the Baja 2000. He was still going pretty fast for it being so stock.

JCAraiza

You still missed the part where he was referenced as the new "Ironman" and the real Ironman didnt have a copilot. Unless BJ solos and wins the 1000 in a single seater TT he's just another TT driver that won the 1000, no Ironman.

You really make it look sooo easy; "just another tt driver winning the b1k".

Sent from my SM-J700M using Tapatalk

Dezertpilot

I definitely missed that then, I tried to look but didn't see it. Is it in an article from another time? Please show me where as I didn't see that at all. And I looked! Lol

J Prich

Classic RDC...Toyota announces they are getting back in the game at the highest level so naturally the rational conversation should be an argument about driver "nicknames". LOL.

mike337

My question is, what will he be prerunning in? If I was Toyota I would want him in a tundra prerunner, not his Blazer or Chevy.
From stories about Johnny Greaves, I can assure you whatever it is better have a Toyota grill in it.

Roice

If I remember correctly the "real" Ironman also ran a V-6. So based on that logic ALL current TT drivers are less than worthy.

www.tcbperformance.com
Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today