Just Bought this 1600 car

razingkanemotorsports

I just got back fron San Diego from buying this 1600 car, 41 hours of I-5 round trip from Seattle.
The owner bought it from a drug seizure auction, It had been sitting for 2 years, It's in ok shape, needs work, but what wouldn't right? My question to all of you is anyone know any history about this car? The ex owner said it was the class winner of the san filepe 250 in 05.. don't know, I just a little curious about it's past, I know what it's future is more racing! the number in the car is 1405

Attachments

sidekicker

RIP Lusk & Ox
I just got back fron San Diego from buying this 1600 car, 41 hours of I-5 round trip from Seattle.
The owner bought it from a drug seizure auction, It had been sitting for 2 years, It's in ok shape, needs work, but what wouldn't right? My question to all of you is anyone know any history about this car? The ex owner said it was the class winner of the san filepe 250 in 05.. don't know, I just a little curious about it's past, I know what it's future is more racing! the number in the car is 1405
r u going to race for baja 500 ? wat kind u have motor ?

C flips

Drug seizure? :eek: Man you'd think with all the drug dealer racers, you'd think they would put the word out and put a halt on all the stealing and crap on all the fellow racers. :confused:

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Drug seizure? :eek: Man you'd think with all the drug dealer racers, you'd think they would put the word out and put a halt on all the stealing and crap on all the fellow racers. :confused:
the people that steal crap off the street are common street hoods...

razingkanemotorsports

ok, first off. I have a clear title with the car,so it's not stolen. 2nd, My buddie also has a raceco chassy and our plan is to start off running the sportsmans class in snore then head to bigger things after that, I was just curious about the history, at one time it looked like a well built car, it just needs some tlc right now, it has a single port 1600cc runs good, but We think there's varnish in the carb. so I'm going thru that and tune it up all this week, new hoses, go thru the wiring etc, going to need new seats and tires, but It's a start! been racing short course jeeps for over 20 years, thought it would be cool to run with you guys

razingkanemotorsports

stolen or not, congratulations lol. looking forward to seeing you out in the desert!
well thanks! If you see me at the pits come say hi. I have been wanting to do this since I was a kid,
is there a place I can go look for any history?

NIKAL

I saw that car in the Craigslist , I think most here will be jealous when there hear that car was for sale for $8500 plus tax as it was being sold by a dealer. I could be wrong, but I thought on one of the pictures on Craigslist, it showed the motor was a single port Hatz motor? I actually mentioned that car to my wife and I got the rolled eyes back asking me where would I put it! It looks like a great starter car and with a little TLC I think it could be a very nice car.

harleys dad

Looks like the car Ramsey drove, maybe Craig Derdorfs car from long ago. I had the very first Race-co 1600 of that desing, I personally hated the car, PAB and I broke the car in half at the Mint 400 in its 4th race. It was held together by ONE!!!! tube.!!!!!!!! We took it home and had to rebuild the frame then had it re heat treated. My true 1980-81 Race-co has been the best car I could ever ask for. The desing is very strong and very lite I will never get rid of it. Race-co fixed the flaws that my 87 had when yours was made, the rails we to close together to the point the tie rods hit and the strength was nowhere near what the old desing was. By the time yours was built a lot of changes were made for the better while still being lite. My 87 had the shock also on the top arm up front, worked well but it was changed back to the standard way later on. The first race was also at the Mint 400 and the shock mount came off the front arm. Good luck and enjoy, 1600 is a great class, even if you are racing sportsman.

razingkanemotorsports

I saw that car in the Craigslist , I think most here will be jealous when there hear that car was for sale for $8500 plus tax as it was being sold by a dealer. I could be wrong, but I thought on one of the pictures on Craigslist, it showed the motor was a single port Hatz motor? I actually mentioned that car to my wife and I got the rolled eyes back asking me where would I put it! It looks like a great starter car and with a little TLC I think it could be a very nice car.
I paid way less, so, I guess I got a deal

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Great choice going with SNORE races you will have a blast and the group of racers there are always a fun bunch! :D

The car looks FUN!! Prep it and get out there!! :D

Congratulations!!

3G RACING

Stolen or not, you better drive it like its stolen! Good luck in the desert!

razingkanemotorsports

thanks everyone, my first race is going to be the goldendale race here in washington june 13th

Sheaco

I saw that Car at the Big 3 Swap Meet here in San Diego in Feb. Good luck and a word of advice don't ask Ramsey what he thinks........ever. lol