Just installed fuel cell...

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I just put in a Fuel Safe fuel cell in my truck, and its been running great for 4 days. Today I opened up the cap just to peak inside and there was a white powder on the top of the flap (see attached pic) and on threads of the cap.

My first instinct was that some f**ker put sugar or salt in my tank but it turns into a powder when you rub it between your fingers.

Is this maybe the gas evaporating? Is it normal at all?

Thanks a lot,
Jason

Attachments

• 6-26065-powder.jpg
    6-26065-powder.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 137

cleartoy

Reaction
Ive bot some VP gas cans that had some plastic floaties. I had to rinse it out before i used it.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

desertracer

Reaction
It could be the foam and glue from inside the cell from when they first made it. In our race car we have a 43 gallon fuel safe cell and after we filled it up and let it sit and then ran it our pre-filter before the pump got so clogged that our motor would die. We called fuel safe and they told us to just run few tanks through and that the powdery stuff that we were getting in the filters was just from assembly and that it would go away.

MDR #112

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
is there something that we can do pre-installation to get rid of that problem?

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

WeldnFab

Reaction
Every fuel cell I install or recieve, I've always pull all the foam out and clean up the inside, then put the foam back in. Just check the cell if you just recieved it. Always too, check the filters too......sometimes fuel safe (especially them) like to zip tie the micron filter that is inside over itself. A couple of years ago my team learned the hard way concerning this.